• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch (just eaten, so really rather late in the day) was a fish finger wrap.

That's the last of my Waitrose chunky haddock fish fingers.

Now I need to pop up to the post office on the high street to send off my Covid test. Hopefully it'll result in a fit to fly certificate for me to go on holiday on Sunday.

Comment

Just saw a huge Goodyear blimp flying over near my house. Vanished too quickly to get a photo darn it but it's in the local news.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1941...-blimp-sussex/

Spent a boring hour this morning trying to find a better way to stop my hosepipe coming off the tap than tying it with a bit of string. A while ago I had loads of bits and pieces in my shed to make things with but had a big clear out. Would it be worth applying to the council to recover it from the recycling?
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Just saw a huge Goodyear blimp flying over near my house. Vanished too quickly to get a photo darn it but it's in the local news.

When I was about ten years old I used to see their airship Europa flying around on its test flights out of Cardington all the time

And when it escaped from its mooring mast early one morning, punctured itself on a house, and deflated all over the nearby village of Cotton End, we drove out to have a look at them struggling to fit it on the back of a low loader to be taken away and repaired

Goodyear Europa.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Spent a boring hour this morning trying to find a better way to stop my hosepipe coming off the tap than tying it with a bit of string. A while ago I had loads of bits and pieces in my shed to make things with but had a big clear out. Would it be worth applying to the council to recover it from the recycling?
          Are you around Brighton? My dad saw it and snapped this.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Tonights dinner:
            Fish (lemon, olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic)
            Oven chips.
            Spinach + anchovies. Fried.

So tired. I think gin at £8 a bottle might be the cause.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

The recycling has been gathered from the four corners of the kitchen and taken down, precisely filling the remaining space in the recycling bin; so that has been trundled

Not been for a walk yet, and might not, as I'm going to get the car started, take it for a charging run down the M69 and back, and pop into Sainsbury's while I'm that way for any bits that I remember needing. I did start putting together an online order but I don't think I actually need enough to avoid the full delivery charge. Mind you, whenever I say that, I end up spending twice as much as necessary upon visiting the shop in person

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Oh that puts a different viewpoint on things - do what works for the separation and tech debt can be an issue that can be studiously ignored until we can blame someone else for it
                FTFY
                Last edited by vetran; 1 July 2021, 22:11.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Are you around Brighton? My dad saw it and snapped this.
                  No, three miles South of East Grinstead. It was probably over the house about 4 doors up. It looked a lot lower too.
                  bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Summit rather odd happening. I got a couple of USB voice recorders from Amazon but one didn't work so applied to send it back and got sent an email with barcode to take to a shop. Oddly, the email crashes both email and gmail apps on my Android phone so had to print it. Then I got an email from Greenpeace about how Amazon are sending returned materials to the tip instead of recycling them. Total coincidence?
                    bloggoth

Comment

TdF highlights watched. Go Cav!

Now watching the first of a two parter, 'Extraordinary Twins', on ITV Hub. About conjoined twins, which are always a bit fascinating in a morbidly curious way.

Still not especially food enthused (and have a headache probably because I've not eaten much) so am having cheese and crackers for dinner.

Comment

Working...
                      X