• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Oh so common.
    Yep and in this case I can almost see why they are doing so (no product in the market will provide what they want). But it's interesting that they are using a product MS themselves replaced a few years back...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Not such a long one today, as I already had the walk to the chemist and back this morning

And before I set off, there was a broken-down artic over the road, across from Iceland!

Sadly, it seems it was just a flat tyre, as no Crouch Recovery heavy wrecker turned up - just a bloke in a van from some firm in Kettering, who had the offending wheel off quick-sharp. Van and lorry were both gone by the time I got back, so it seems changing an HGV tyre can be done in about the same time as a car tyre takes

Comment

My Dad used to work for a tyre fitters back in his yoof, sorting out lorries by the side of the road. Quite often the drivers of said lorries were carrying perishable goods and were pleased to not be delayed so my Dad would regularly be given something from the load (a box of butter was one he particularly remembers) as a thank you.

Comment

Met up with a few people to discuss an Alpha course we're running in September. Since we're all vaccinated, we didn't have to wear masks , which was nice. Got complimented on my German. My wife didn't - because she's so good no one needs to!

Temperature 13.6 °C
          Relative humidity 88%
          Pressure 980 hPa

Quite fresh.

Loads of fireworks going on... I think someone must have won something.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Dinner was chicken kiev and chips while watching Oak Island.

Looking into FDR's (who was a Mason, surprise, surprise) interest in the island by rummaging through his papers at the FDR library/museum. Turns out he too thought that some of Marie Antoinette's jewellery was buried on the island.

Comment

Very nice tea of battered chunky haddock, chips and beans

With a bit more Trucking Hell of course

Comment

Still feeling below par, so I'm getting an actual early night for a change

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  We had a stand up this morning, to which I contributed very little, and then I was pulled into a meeting about something to do with the new SharePoint structure where all the focus was on the element that will serve as a document management system and nothing to do with what I'm working on. I did get chance to ask, for the umpteenth time, if anyone has designed the structure for what will be the new Intranet as I'm planning the migration of some existing departmental sites and need somewhere to put them.

AIBU? if I have 500 distinct extract objects to create with 347 dependency objects being screwed up by others (bitter experience across 8 teams sticking their oar in). This is for one of 4 similar size migrations I am doing in the next 18 months does it make sense to have a clear plan of priorities defined or should we just sort it out in the daily standup as it will be easy? That works for the 20 changes the 4 man dev team make a month so it should be fine.

Luckily we have no as is, or to be so we are completely feckin lost!

I'm losing it, just a little.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Still feeling below par, so I'm getting an actual early night for a change

Goodnight all
                    lightweight!

definitely hetro!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Someone decided the solution and I wrote the requirements afterwards...
                      sell out

Comment

Working...
                      X