• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Although it seems quite mild out, looking Simpsonesque but towards the cloudier frames of the animation, it's also a bit breezy. So I wore a scarf just to be on the safe side, and I think that was the right decision

The leaves are getting going on the chestnut trees now

Comment

Tea: spag bol, which was really, really nice; I say this every time, but I should have that much more often

Accompanied by an episode of 24 Hours in A&E that expires soon, this one having been filmed during the second national lockdown, and thus not having those bits with weirdoes chatting away in the waiting room

Comment

Stopped work late but much achieved, including being able to release the migrated data earlier than planned. The locked table is still locked and I've had to raise a ticket for a DBA to sort it out as my friendly local DBA wasn't happy about killing sessions on a whim.

Watched a couple of episodes of The Repair Shop, including the one with the painting of Beirut as mentioned above by NF.

Now time for bed as I have to do it all again tomorrow.

Comment

More stones moved, “modern” sundial repairs under way, but now it’s TFBSZ
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Further viewing was more 24 Hours in A&E as it turned out there was one which expires at midnight, but was also only thirty minutes long featuring two rather than three patients; and then another proper-length episode for good measure

The car earlier was some kind of Merc, the gold diggers had their usual mix of good and bad luck, and I skipped the antiques, being either in the kitchen or eating.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

A bit drizzly out on the walk earlier, but it seems to be clearing now we're back inside.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Another grey sort of start out there, though it looks like there may be some patches of thinner cloud where the sun might get through, if slightly filtered. Currently 9°C with12° expected, and rain due any time from ten onwards through most of the day. Barometers down at 988/996mB

Off to the dentist at eleven, so I did an LFT just in case; negative

Comment

Morning all

Dull and overcast. Currently 11 degrees ('feels like' 9) and it might squeak up to 13. Rain expected from lunchtime onwards. Barometer down to 1001 mBar.

Woke early, contemplated having a pre-work walk but ended up faffing too much to achieve it.

Comment

Another round of weird dreams, including one where "Argies" (they didn't look much like Argentines it must be said) were invading & I offed one with a kitchen knife and shot another with a .303 SMLE and the last live round I could find, followed by an even weirder one involving a Rover P4 in some sort of multistory car park in what appeared to be Bristol, then being pulled over by the plod for driving on the pavement. Most odd.

Morning.

Wet.

Dull.

Dark.

Grey.

Dank.

Dreary.

Cold in here at 13.4 deg.

998 mBar, 29.47 in Hg, 748.56 Torr, 14.47 psi (down from 1004 last night), 67% RH.

Wednesday.

Trip to that Swansea on the bus for the first time in 2 years, wonderfully inspiring to find a sniffling coughing one 6 seats in front, thankfully got off the bus at Neath, the remainder of the trip being much more civilised.

Two carriers & a backpack of books donated to the Oxfam shop: first time I've been in there for 2 years.

M&S no longer do the shoes I wanted, judging by the state of the place it's been destocked of lots of items.

Similar shoes bought from Clarkes for a good deal more than the M&S ones would have cost.

Another pair of hiking type boots for climbing the local alps duly purchased for a good deal more than the previous pair cost. .

So that's £230 spent on shoes today.

I may venture a haircut at the barbers now I seem to have got a little dynamism back.

The "Copr Quarter" in that Swansea seems to progressed to something like completion in the last 2 years.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, a red corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

In other news, whilst NF might have had "spots of rain" it was the usual fecking deluge in that Swansea.

Freecell score: 62%, running average 84%. .

Tea: liver sans bacon with onion gravy (I think the lack of the gunk & salt from the bacon spoiled it a bit), the last of the stewed apple & custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Jason Robards

Farscape S1 E3 "Exodus from Genesis", all very biblical. The bug infestation replicant one.

The imdb numbering on Farscape is baffling, it follows the SciFi order of broadcast apparently.

Alias S1 E15 "Page 47".

Alias S1 E16 "The prophecy".

Alias S1 E17 "Q & A": the one with Terry O'Quinn. Largely a clip ep.

The first 10 mins and last 10 mins of "For a few dollars more (1965)" on ITV4 because I like those bits despite being word perfect.

My favourite of the dollar films (probably because it's the first one I watched back in the long long ago day).
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 April 2022, 22:52.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Dentistry has been enacted upon me, so I can now bite stuff again. Though of course they advise not doing so for a while, to let it cure

Inevitably, the rain started as I was walking the couple of hundred yards there, but it was just a few spots

Comment

Working...
                      X