• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch was one of those Heinz Big Soups, chicken and bacon variety, pepped up with some chilli flakes and dashes of green tabasco

Comment

The rain has started and is being reasonably enthusiastic judging by the noise.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        M&S no longer do the shoes I wanted, judging by the state of the place it's been destocked of lots of items.
        I've found that a lot of stuff I used to grab while passing through is still available on the website and you can have it sent to the store for collection at no charge, but they don't have most of it in the actual stores

Comment

Late lunch (as the dentist advised leaving it a while) was Scotch broth with wholemeal bread

Weather seems a bit variable here, but no torrential downpours as such

Comment

Forgot to take me glasses when I popped into the village shop, meant to get some wet wipes and nearly went to the counter with a pack of tampons. At least I didn't pay for them like when I got some Fixodent instead of toothpaste.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Forgot to take me glasses when I popped into the village shop, meant to get some wet wipes and nearly went to the counter with a pack of tampons. At least I didn't pay for them like when I got some Fixodent instead of toothpaste.
              Reminds me of someone who did that in Germany....
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                In other news, whilst NF might have had "spots of rain" it was the usual fecking deluge in that Swansea.
                We had a few slightly heavier showers, including one when I set out for my walk having stopped work. But not far up the road, I was pinged on Teams as the user who was having some kind of text encoding problem in Excel with data exported from one of our apps was on hand to give us a demo; so I only went round the block, as I'd already wasted an hour or more trying to work out what might be going wrong, due to unclear explanations of his problem by email.

So a quick video chat sorted out what was happening at his end, and a quick Google gave me some good ideas of how to fix it on our end tomorrow

And I already had a chunk of walking logged from the dentist excursion earlier, so I'll get the green ring closed just by getting dinner and so on. No more walking today, as more showers are due

Comment

Dinner will be chicken kyiv and chips. It's currently in the oven doing it's getting hot thing.

Comment

Tea has been ribs and chips. My repaired tooth seems to be working effectively

Early telly was some old Volvo thing that was apparently known for being a rally car in its day (the model, not the one they wanted to flog), and the gold diggers. Didn't bother with antiques chap.

And viewing whilst dining and now continuing, is a new episode of Police Interceptors

Comment

Found a cauliflower in the fridge so I made cauliflower cheese to go with some fish. TV was mastershout, then continuing our binge watching of Silent Witness, we’re up to series 10.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X