• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

It's not too bad out there - quite warm, if a little cloudier. Might rain overnight though

The car is a VW Model 3 Fastback from 1970. Don't remember them myself

Comment

Recycling bins went today, garden waste is going tomorrow. These bank holidays don't half play havoc with trundling.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        And before that I discovered a bug whereby certain data was being retrieved for display on a page, then immediately thrown away due to somebody using = instead of += on the next line; a change which was introduced last summer, according to the Git history, and which notably has not caused any tests to fail

So I think I'd better construct a decent test and get it to fail correctly before adding the missing + and miraculously restoring the data that nobody had noticed was missing for the last ten months
        It turned out there was a test that revealed the bug, but the guy who introduced the bug had at the same time marked it to be skipped, along with a "TODO" comment revealing that he'd decided it was failing for some unrelated reason

So I unskipped it and it failed, and I added the necessary + and it passed

But it's a horrible test, testing for about two dozen different things in the output of the API call it's intended to check. So now I'm breaking it into its component parts and testing them all individually, meaning that in future it'll be more obvious where things are failing, should they fail again

Comment

Tea: chicken casserole with chips and peas. Very tasty

Accompanied by Trucking Hell

Comment

After Trucking Hell I watched S1E1 of C5's The Motorway, which follows around the people of the Highways Agency or whatever it's called nowadays. Reasonably interesting if you enjoy gawking at people who've run out of petrol on the M1 while listening to an HA employee complain about the way people gawk at incidents on the motorway

Though at one point, when they were helping a driver who'd been unwell and was recovering but didn't feel up to driving, they decided to drive his car down to the next junction. The voiceover said this was "a short distance away". Well, it isn't: they were going from just south of J21 to J20, which is one of the longer distances between two junctions on the motorway network at over ten miles

Early(ish) night now, in hopes of a better night's sleep than last night

Goodnight all

Comment

6.30. I’ve been awake for about 2 hours, as has The DogTW might go to the beach for a walk.

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Dark.

Damp.

Sunless.

Slightly less chilly at 18.5 deg.

1002 mBar, 29.589 in Hg, 751.56 Torr, 14.532 psi, (up from 1001 last night), 72% RH.

Wednesday.

How inneresting it is to be precipitated back to October 5th 2018 by making a post..

Apparently I'd begun the count down to exit.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

The lamb's liver leaked. .

Good to see that the South African Granny Smith's apples are in stock, which taste much better than the inferior cheese eating surrender monkey variety.

The morning's entertainment was provided by a pair of oxygen thieves outside the Sally Army place quite plainly out of their gourdes on some substance or other.

She was semicomatose, he was completely offplanet, presumably watching the C beams glitter in the darkness off the Tannhauser Gate..

My lack of sympathy is quite quite remarkable.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about some Pakistani* scumbag stealing someone's numberplate. You couldn't make this tulip up.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, marmalade & bramble jelly sandwiches, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

*Other varieties of asian scumbags are available.

As someone on the wireless just reminded me, here's Bunter, the fat owl of the remove's current status:

7 lawns mown. Nearly dead now.

Tea: chicken in white sauce with rice n peas, so]me pear halves, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Farscape S3 E5 "Different Destinations": time portal one, feck me that was a downer.

Wheeler Dealers 1971 Chevy C10: a septic pickup truck thing with a 350 (cu in) with a 4 barrel, so obviously rip that out & put injection instead.

Feck me there's a lot of bits in that upgraded 4 speed auto gearbox.

The Repair Shoppe: nothing to see here.

Possibly How to catch a cat killer. ditto.

Ashcloud: The week the world stopped.

More bollox on Blaze: National Parks mysteries.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 June 2022, 20:41.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

A better night's sleep did not come to pass. Instead, an absolutely terrible night's sleep was provided for my edification and entertainment

After about two hours it finally clicked that the reason I couldn't get to sleep was that it was too warm, the bedroom having done a good job of retaining heat over the recent warmer days until it had apparently reached a critical point. I wasn't going to change the bed at that time, but opening the window a bit let things gradually cool down so I was able to sleep better after a couple more hours, though still only broken sleep. So now I have to take the gamble that milder weather will continue and change the bed to the lightweight summer duvet

Speaking of weather, it's a sunny start out after some rain overnight, and already 16°C with 18° due later; forecast temperatures continue to show a max in the 18° - 21° range over the next ten days, so maybe not too much of a gamble. The barometers are very much down at 995/1002mB, though

Comment

Beach walked, home and showered, now at my desk.

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy now but it was bright earlier. Currently 19 degrees with a high of 20. Light showers forecast in the next hour with the sun coming out this afternoon. Barometer down to 1005 mBar.

Busy morning. Now getting ready to go into the office and meet my new colleagues.

Comment

Working...
                      X