• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just remembered I need to do some trundling

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      The car earlier was a Mazda… MX-2? Something like that, from the 1980s. And then the gold diggers was an episode of the new series that I'd missed the first several times it's been on
      Hope you enjoyed the 5 second view of the inside of a Wankel engine. .

Morning.

Dry(ish).

Windy(ish).

Grey(ish).

Not quite so chilly(ish) at 18.8 deg in here.

Sunless.

1014 mBar, in Hg, Torr, psi, (up from 1012 last night), 73% RH.

Friday.

Smalls (& cords) in the WM.

Smalls (& cords) out of the WM, smalls in the TD, cords on the line.

Jeans in the WM.

Entertainment: DID: Jon Ronson.

Jeans out of the WM & hanging on the line along with said cords.

Shirts in the WM.

Smalls out of the TD & airing upstairs.

Shirts out of the WM and into the TD.

Shirts out of the TD and roughly iRoned.

Jeans & cords off the line & finishing off in the TD.

Cottons in the WM.

Cottons out of the WM and into the TD.

Manky old religious jumpers into the WM before they start walking.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, red corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: brief bit of Archive on 4 before my roundhead tendencies became overwhelming. .

Cottons out of the TD and that which needs ironing duly iRoned.

Manky jumpers drying on line.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the windy sunshine.

Hayfever symptoms seem to be increasing.

Tea: Tesco battered cod, some pears, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Manky jumpers now dry.

Entertainment: Discovering John Travolta.

Farscape S3 E7 "Thanks for sharing": the one with the mind reading lobster.

Wheeler Dealers: Mercedes 300TD. 0 to 60 in 20 seconds. .

I'm beginning to see why I've never wanted a diesel anything. .

That injector pump thing looks very expensive to fix if it's fecked.

5 cylinder. Well there's a thing.

So that's how you do the valve gaps on a Mercedes diesel: feeler gauges and bent spanners.

After spending several thousand $ and a number of man hours, they managed to shave 2.5 seconds off its 0 to 60, reducing it to the alarming 17.5 seconds.

I'm not sure the Chevette was about that fast.

It was faster. 0 to 60 in 15.5 seconds. .

War Factories: Ferdinand Porsche. Designer of Very Big Tanks.

That's TV: Pink Floyd: Whatever happened: amusing enough. Somewhat prior to "The endless river". .

Drying said jumpers seems on the line seems to have set my hayfever off. Ho hum.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 June 2022, 22:38.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Trundling has been done. The recycling can wait to Tuesday's collection.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          The car earlier was a Mazda… MX-2? Something like that, from the 1980s.
          Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          RX-7, Shirley?
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Had a discussion about a particular user causing problems on the system.
            Given that over half the original user list no longer work for the client, I suggested that we should remove the problem user at the same time as getting rid of the others.

This has now progressed to: get rid of them all and see who complains and when.

My Friday SQL: DROP TABLE SYS.USERS PURGE;

When it reaches the third approver, I will explain that we can't do it, because when I am asked to do post implementation testing, I will be unable to evidence the success in a way that is acceptable.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

I saw a diagram years ago in the Readers Digest or somewhere like that which was much more informative than what they provided

Comment

Department-wide meeting to establish priorities for the next quarter. I won't have to contribute anything, but I'm listening in anyway as I don't feel like doing anything useful for now. But I've taken advantage of the preamble to get the mundane laundry on

Comment

Reviewing a PR earlier, I nitpicked that the dev had referenced "company_house" throughout when it should be "companies_house". So now he's got to go through it and change all occurrences

Comment

I have a home to go to!

Ladymuck is moving to Richmond. HWMBO has asked if that is even London. I'd say technically not, on account of its TW postcode. Oh the shame.

Comment

And an om. The day is just getting better and better

Comment

Working...
                      X