• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Forty minutes ago it was a sunny start but it's turned cloudy now, and will apparently remain so all day. Currently at 8°C with 14° expected, and the barometers are ebullient at 1014/1022mB. And it seems it'll be quite breezy

Comment

Morning all

CBS, etc
      Recovering at my desk from a weekend gardening.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Tuesday.

Dry.

White sky with blue patches.

Wanly sunny.

Very polleny. <sneeze> <sneeze> <itch> <sneeze> <itch>

Cool in here at 15.8 deg, 16.5 deg in the kitchen, 14.5 deg in the leanto, 13.5 deg in the saltinghouse.

1021 mBar, in Hg, Torr, psi (up from 1019 last night), 73% RH (GDR hair), 70% RH (Lidl electric).

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and pegged out on the line.

Shirts in the WM.

Meanwhile on the 31st of May 2019 there was more discussion of my redundancy/retirement and sorting out of pensions.

Extra antihistamine taken.

Shirts out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Cottons in the WM.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Managed to time things to the second so I watched the 34 pull out of the stand on the way there, then the 204 was 6 minutes late so I missed that due to impatience & watched the fecking thing drive by as I staggered back.

Cottons out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, a red corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of hot bread, 0.91*1.51 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Once I've done the dishes it'll be time for the iRon to meet the iRoning again while I listen to another decade old ep of The Infinite Monkey Cage.

Shirts roughly iRoned & airing upstairs along with the pillow slips, tea towels etc.

It's currently 23 deg in the salting house. Maybe I should get the sunshade boards out of the shed again.

Pollen count seems very high. This is not good.

Stone me, now I've sat down for five minutes I'm completely zonked.

<sneeze> Freecell score: 92%, running average 85%.

Tea: battered cod, the last of the pear halves, a yog (uncornered, prune), 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

I'm drinking a lot today so minorly pissed.

Entertainment: Wheeler Dealers S11 E14 1963 Lincoln Continental V8 with the modest 430 cu in motor. Bought: $8k, £5k, total: £13076, sold: £15k. New sump gasket. Wire wheels. Refurb interior. Paint job. That laser cutter thing looks cool. £60 for the aluminium cutting, £300 for the water transfer fake treewood.

Maigret S3 E1 The reluctant witness. More subtitled goodness from 1993.

I suspect I'd watched Abandoned Engeering before: Saxenhausen camp bakery, Nevada town flooded by the Hoover dam, some Russian fort thing in Lithuania, Swaziland asbestos mine: a legacy from Turner & Newall.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 May 2023, 08:41.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Back from IOW to my dump in Mid Sussex yesterday. Problem with power socket so could not use Satnav and gave Loony Lady 1 a clear map. Went way out off route, probably via Glasgow. Her navigation skills are such carp I don't know how she finds her way round her flat.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning all

Dull and cloudy but dry. Currently 12 degrees with a high of 14 expected. The sun might make an appearance this afternoon. Barometer up to 1025 mBar.

The day started with customer complaints. A 30-second check revealed it wasn't my team's problem and someone made a change over the weekend that knocked out a load of data feeds and zeroed out tons of data in the reports we've created. Then the ADC on our stand up decided we needed to discuss the issue and I said, no, it's not our problem. We are reporting the data we receive and we're currently receiving nothing.

Now I'm off to find if there anyone in this company who knows how some data are mapped because I can't fathom it out.

Comment

Lunch was a roast beef butty and a bag of plain crisps

I sat down at my desk this morning to see a sketch in my notebook of some diagrams I'd made last Friday which I thought would help the new devs understand the fundamentals of how the thing we're working on works - it's not complicated, but it's a slightly unusual approach for a Django app. The department uses Figma for diagrams, but after playing around with that for a while, I couldn't make head nor tail of it. So I ended up drawing the diagrams using the shape tools in Keynote (Apple's PowerPoint substitute) then exporting it as a PDF and sticking that into Confluence

Comment

Just heard a "ping" from the doorbell and was about to leap up to see who it is, when I remembered that was the noise the bell at the old flat made, on the rare occasions it deigned to work at all. The one here is part of the intercom system and plays a little tune. Turns out they're taking down more of the scaffolding on the house next door

Comment

Having a really rubbish day today.

Very grumpy.

One of those days where you seriously consider not taking a contract extension if it's offered.

Comment

However, it does seem like there's a little ray of sunshine to brighten my day

Comment

A little bit of zen to make me smile

Comment

Working...
                      X