• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was Cocaine Bear (2023) in which a bear finds and consumes large quantities of cocaine, to the detriment of visitors to the woods. Good fun, very gory

Early night now.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Sunday.

Awakened at 05:55, read chapter of book, went back to sleep.

Damp.

White sky.

Wanly sunny.

Chilly in here at 13.4 deg, 13 deg in the kitchen, 12.5 deg in the leanto.

999 mBar, 29.5 in Hg, 749.3116 Torr, 14.4893 psi, (up from 998 last night), 73% RH (GDR hair), 69% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 29th of May 2019 SimonMac was installing updates: 1 of 242 apparently. Said updates are probly still installing.

Walk (abbreviated) walked.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, red pippy corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The pollen count seems more reasonable today.

Entertainment: Just a minute.

I came in here to do something, now what was it? Was I looking for my glasses?

Freecell score: 91%, running average: 85% (85.3%).

Some unwatchable bollox on Blaze about conspiracy theories, the most popular being JFK's assassination by Patsy & Co.

More of the other book read.

It rained with added hail a little while ago.

Then the sun came out & the sky turned blue & simpsonsesque.

Now it's turned white again.

Sun's out.

Tea: usual boring crap, last of the fruit cocktail, a red corner yog, 0.91*1.51 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: more conspiracy bollox on Blaze. Project 1794. LGMs. The whole 9 yards.

Following on from the 20cl bottle of Talisker is a 70cl bottle of "High Commissioner", blended rather than a single malt. Well it's there to be drunk so I'll drink it.

NZ Motorway Patrol. The usual assemblage of doom & disaster: the car crashing off the road down a deep ditch was impressive. It brought back memories. They were fecking lucky it stayed upright.

Project Nazi on PBS E6: Gotterdammerung. V weapons & all that.

Oh, they're back next door. The cat is delighted. Must be because I didn't feed the fat fecker for 2 days. .

About half an hour of the thing about Invasions (of Britain) on PBS. Basically from neolithic farmers to the beaker folk and the apparently mythical Celts.

Freecell score: 100%, running average 85%.

More reading of the book.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 April 2023, 21:47.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey layout with evidence of recent(ish) rain. Currently 9°C, high expected to be 12°, 30% chance of rain mid-afternoon, and the barometers are down some more at 988/996mB

I had a pretty decent night's sleep. I first awoke at, probably, around 7am (though I didn't check the time) and immediately went back to sleep, repeating this process a couple more times until my brain decided I should wake up properly at exactly 10am

Comment

My Mum's back in hospital

Apparently she fell, or possibly passed out, in the bathroom yesterday. She didn't have her magic button for summoning help, and my Dad's about 80% deaf, so couldn't hear her calling for help, and she was stuck there for about an hour until he discovered her. She couldn't get up because something was wrong with her hip and the paramedics found her blood pressure was extremely low, so they took her off to hospital. There, they reckoned she hasn't actually broken her hip but there's something going on with it. Also, they now think it's possible she had a stroke some time, weeks or even months ago, which didn't cause any of the obvious symptoms so went unnoticed.

So they admitted her and put her on the Coronary Care Unit where she can be monitored while they try to untangle everything and work out what to do

Comment

Lunch: herby chicken, tomato and lentil soup with a bit of wholemeal

Comment

Afternoon all

Cloudy but dry. There was some rain overnight. Currently 11 degrees and that's the high for the day.

Off to see John Wick 4 in about an hour.

Comment

Everyone recovered from the excitement of the emergency alert?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Everyone recovered from the excitement of the emergency alert?
                    wot alert? for fanbois only.

Comment

Tea has been a roast beef dinner. Very tasty

Comment

Working...
                      X