• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Everyone recovered from the excitement of the emergency alert?
    Yes, I have turned down the offer of Conservative Party Chairman. It wasn’t an emergency, but a national disaster.

I can’t remember if yesterday was your real birthday or just the official one, but I hope it was good.

Anyway, having spent the weekend with a couple who have framed their his & hers BAFTA nominations in the downstairs toilet, it’s TFBSZ.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      I can’t remember if yesterday was your real birthday or just the official one, but I hope it was good.
      It was, thank you

After the usual Canadian border stuff and New Zealand policing stuff, this evening's viewing was two of the usual old episodes of 24 Hours A&E

We might finally have one or even two new developers joining the team tomorrow, so I'll have to pretend to know what I'm doing

​​​​​​​Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day out, but the occasional showers of yesterday afternoon and last night seem not to be a thing today. Currently 5°C, not expected to get any better than 10°, and the barometers have rebounded slightly at 997/1005mB

Comment

Morning all

CBS, etc.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            My Mum's back in hospital
            Sorry to hear that.

Morning.

Monday.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Drizzly.

Grey sky.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 12.9 deg, 13 deg in the kitchen, 12 deg in the leanto.

1007 mBar, 29.7366 in Hg, 755.312 Torr, 14.6 psi, (up from 1005 last night), 73% RH (GDR hair), 70% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 29th of May 2019 SimonMac's updates had reached the heights of 218 of 232, whilst NF was wondering about Canadian maps.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. 204 out, couldn't be arsed to wait for a bus on the way back, happily enough it didn't rain on me, which was good.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, red pippy corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: TWATO: irritating journo asking the same question repeatedly of someone who stated they couldn't tell her that. FFS. How dense are these people?

House roughly vacced. I'll have to get a hair cut, it's blocking up the vac.

Freecell score in the chilly tedium of a grey gloomy afternoon: 85%, running average 85%. Not in the zone today. What always amazes me is the way a lost game suddenly becomes impenetrable for some reason.

Tea: coconut & sweet potato soup with bread, some peach slices, a red corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM, hopefully without some dumb journo asking someone questions they're not currently allowed to answer.

Wheeler Dealers: S11 E9: Jaguar XJC 4.2. Bought: £11k5, total: £13,190, sold: £15k. Changed the water pump bearing. You can do that? Who'd have thunk? Stainless exhaust, replacement cast iron manifolds ceramic coated, replaced the existing distributor, plugs & points for an electronic one, plus a new coil for more ignition ooomf. Fitted a new taper thingie in the adjustable steeringwheel boss. Let's see if I can feck up the reg lookup this week after last week's Tiger Cub debacle. . Taxed to Feb 2024. Now MOT free. MOT history is fairly clean.

Read some of the Apollo book: oddly enough it's full of TLAs. .

Freecell score: 92%, running average 85%. Bit worried there for a while but got betterer.

NCIS S19 E9 "Collective Memory": the Borg ep. Or rather the holodeck ep. It was tedious.

Abandoned Engineering: one I hadn't seen before: Fascist Italian buildings slowly turning to ruins, attacked by the locals who have bad memories of the Italians & even worse memories of The Nazis, abandoned anthracite smokeless bituminous coal mine in Nuttallburg Virginia that was once owned in the 1920s by Henry Ford the car maker until he found he couldn't control the railway, tin mines on the edge of a Cornish cliff with a working beam engine, the mine itself extending out under the Atlantic.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 April 2023, 15:31.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Lunch, by the way, was a Greggs chicken bake and also a sausage roll

Only one chicken bake left in the freezer now. I should go to Iceland and stock up while I still have a residents parking permit (which I should have returned to the council)

Comment

Afternoon all

It's been another nice day north of the border. I haven't been out in it though. Sunny but now clouding over a bit. Currently 9 degrees.

Busy day at ClientCo. Lots of juggling not much achieved. Well that's how the day feels like it's gone.

Comment

And for NF and his Mum

Comment

Pouring with rain this afternoon. First time in months I haven't been for a walk, unless you count stepping out of the car and walking a few yards before swearing and turning back. Unusual, I am normally very lucky with weather.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X