• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After watching 2 episodes of North Sea Connection, we then watched the first of Better (which wasn’t bad)

Now TFBSZ
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

GBM was followed by Only Connect then an episode of The Repair Shop. I started nodding off during that so that seems like my cue to go to bed.

Noticed there's something new on All4 with that Guy Martin fellow so will try and remember to take a look at that tomorrow.

Comment

The car earlier was a Land Rover from c.1989; taxed until November, MOT until July

And the gold hunters started a new season, with a new team thrown into the mix.

Then the antiques bloke was completely ignored while I read more of Octavia, Daughter of God before the opal hunters, some of whom found a very nice one.

After which, there being no sapphire hunters, they showed some Canadians looking for jade. Though in fact, a large part of it was about one of their 4x4s getting stuck in mud up in the mountains; no Crouch Recovery up there, it seems

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Foggy start out. The weather app, which has so often said it was foggy when it wasn't really, might have been expected to rejoice in this but instead says it's "mainly sunny"

I know we're more prone to proper fog here because of all the gardens and a big park close by, but I reckon even the old place will be a bit misty this morning

Anyway, it's 3°C but maybe soaring as high as 12° this afternoon, and the barometers are down a little at 1019/1027mB

Comment

Morning all
            The fog is lifting here.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Foggy here too. Weather app agrees. Currently 2 degrees with a high of 13 later when the sun is due to come out unhindered. Barometer down to 1030 mBar.

Rubbish night's sleep. Woke about 3am with irritable legs and was kept awake for a good hour (listened to Outlook on BBC World Service).

Comment

Morning.

Tuesday. In my dream it was Sunday but someone told me it was really Tuesday. Very odd. One of those unpleasant dreams where I'm working somewhere with nothing to do but pretend to be busy.

Dry.

Wanly sunny.

Chilly in here at 11.3 deg, 11.5 deg in the kitchen (post kettle), 9 deg in the leanto.

1027 mBar, 30.327 in Hg, 770.3 Torr, 14.895 psi, (down from 1029 last night), 68% RH (GDR hair), 64% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 26th of April 2019 I had a visit to the barber, whilst NF was watching "Crank", next door's bed was king size leaving no room for the oak wardrobes which, to this day, reside in pieces in what was the old kitchen that someone with grand ideas thought would be a breakfast room with doors opening onto a patio, something which is so unlikely to happen with that idle pair as to be delusional. MS came up with "limerence" whatever the feck that is.

Whatever it is, it's worn off because now there's one inhabitant of the kingsize bed, the other inhabits the bed in the middle bedroom.

<tap> <tap> Is this thing on?

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine, warm enough to require the doffing of the scarf towards the end.

Lunch: baked potato with baked beans and cheese, red corner yog (of some variety or other), bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of Morrisons Soya and Linseed toast, 0.91*1.53 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y very briefly, whining on about flowers and meals out & such like tedium due to the date.

TWATO if I can be arsed to get up & turn it on. Which isn't likely.

Shopping trip to Aldi (first time I've used that one which is 3/4 of the way to Tesco) to buy some el cheapo oranges and some ready to eat prunes.

Popped in to Morrisons on the way back to get some other stuff, and into Wilko to look for coach bolts.

Unfortunately their 8mm coach bolts aren't man person enough for the job so it'll be off to B&Q tomorrow if I can get a round tuit and summon the will.

Tea: lentil <pfffft> soup from the last batch (much nicer than the stuff I ate in 2019 from the sounds of it), some pear halves, a yog, 0.91*1.53 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S7 E9 1968 Volvo P1800: Bought £5k, Total: £5795, Sold: £8350.

New fuel gauge, fuel sender, fuel tank, carb refurb, cylinder head refurb, new front springs & shox. Are we supposed to believe that rebuilding a pair of SU carbs means they run perfectly when you bolt them back on the engine? That'd be a first. Synching the things and getting the mixture right takes hours.

Joy of Painting . Poor result, took until 19:48 today. .

Who do you think you are? Frank Gardner. who wants to ask questions of his late Mum. We've all been there then. Never innerested back while they were around. Ho hum.

FBI S2 E18 "American Dreams/Reveille": double X over ep: enjoyed the first part more than the 2nd which is from FBI something else which I've never watched.

The Repair Shoppe: the one with the lunatic potching about with a military compass that has a radium painted dial. He's "taken care" of the radium paint so "it's quite safe now".

After all the half life of radium is a mere 1600 years or so.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 February 2023, 23:07.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch: ham toasties

Not at all busy yet. I'm basically just looking at some prototype code that's been roughed out by the architecture guy, and reading API docs

Comment

I went outside

Very nice in the sunshine. Popped to M&S to buy attire suitable for attending an exercise class.

Comment

Sunny here now too

Comment

Working...
                      X