• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^ Zen Chury. Om.
    And Wot? No acid drooling monsters or pointy eared s?

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky in parts.

Cold in here at 12 deg.

1022 mBar, 30.18 in Hg, 766.56 Torr, 14.82 psi, (up from 1020 and a bit last night), 66% RH.

Saturday.

Cats fed. .

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom, the blue bits having gone away.

Lunch: lentil & ham soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Money Box on R4 talking all about tulipe I don't give a tulip about.

Freecell score: 86%, running average 84%.

Freecell score: 100%, running average 84%.

Tea: fiery bol and spag, some fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Ancient Aliens:"The mystery of Rudloe Manor" or how to get busted by MOD plod outside the CCC without trying too hard.

I've got to stop watching this crap.

Castle S1 E1: stone me they look young.

And now, and in color: "Us & Them" with our very own dear Rog doing his thing.

It must be said that the two ladies made a fair attempt at Clare Torry's epic vocal, but no cigar. .

I'd forgotten how the setlist has so many tracks off "Animals" one of those meh albums I very rarely listen to.

Despite having the original vinyl and the cd.

I'd forgotten that this version of the "Us & Them" setlist omits the "Comfortably Numb" track just to piss me off, much as the various PF offerings on Sky Arts do the same.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 April 2022, 12:38.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Sunshine and cloud today. Mostly cloud at the moment. Currently 5 degrees with a high of 9 later. No precipitation expected.

BA have cancelled my flight home tomorrow and have offered no rebooking options online. The phone number they gave me to call gives a recorded message advising they are prioritising calls from people who have had a cancellation before hanging up.

I can stay with HWMBO for a couple more days but not much more.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Sunny out today, and a little milder than it has been at 7°C, though that still isn't very warm. Barometers are continuing their bounce back at 1016/1023mB

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          BA have cancelled my flight home tomorrow and have offered no rebooking options online. The phone number they gave me to call gives a recorded message advising they are prioritising calls from people who have had a cancellation before hanging up.
          That's not very nice of them

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

That's not very nice of them
            It's a badly worded message that has pretty much the opposite effect to what I suspect they intended.

I did eventually get through to a lovely lady called Alison and we had a good chuckle while she wondered WTF was going on and sorted me out a flight 24 hours later but to LCY instead of LHR.

There are still some very good people in BA, I'm pleased to say.

Comment

Daring culinary experiment time: the afternoon snack has been a NEW! Pukka Steak Slice

It's very nice, certainly better than most things of that ilk. Not quite as good as a Greggs Steak Bake though

Comment

I spoke too soon. The work done by the very helpful Alison has been undone by someone called Laurent who decided to book me on a 0630 flight to LCY on 4 April without noticing that I was already booked onto a flight on 4 April.

Will see if that gets resolved by tomorrow.

HWMBO made a super delicious cocktail and I'm very glad he only had enough ingredients for one each or else I'd be horribly drunk by now.

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    In the Chinese
                    Very nice too

Although one of the drivers was heading out with a delivery as I arrived, they didn't seem very busy, which meant mine was made very quickly

And another customer came in. No mask

Comment

Well, that was an interesting day…
                      smoke alarms went off at 4.52am. No smoke, no fire, I hit reset on the main one.
                      they went off every 30 minutes after that until 6.45, when I decided I’d had enough. Went down stairs with The DogTW and took a picture of the writing on the main one. Worked out how to unjoint them, then found out a couple of them expired about 6 months ago. Ordered new ones from a nearby Screwfix, took The DogTW for a big walk then picked up 2 new smoke alarms and one heat alarm. All installed while The WifeTM caught up on her sleep.
                      Then discovered there was another alarm in the guest wing. That doesn’t expire for a few months, but will get a replacement next week.

Went to Seaton Tramway to see the wildlife photographer exhibition, came home, built a new deck to hide the septic tank, then came in to a bottle of Camel Valley fizz.

now completely billy buggered.

TFBSZ
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X