• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The car earlier was a Subaru Impreza. No tax or MOT since 2012, so it either moved abroad or got driven into a tree

And one of the teams of gold diggers faced the unusual problem of the dog running off with their nuggets and swallowing one of them, meaning they had to follow it around waiting for it to crap so they could get it back

Later, a couple of old episodes of 24 Hours in A&E. I'd seen at least one of the patients before, so either I'm getting to ones I've already seen, or they've been in one of the later clip shows

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Not a good night’s sleep :
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey and somewhat rainy start. Currently 8°C with a predicted 13° this afternoon, and the barometers are down a little at 1005/1013mB

I had quite a decent night's sleep, which made a nice change from the last couple of nights

Comment

Morning all

Overcast and looks damp out. A bit of a breeze ruffling the plants. Currently 9 degrees ('feels like' 7) with a high of 13 expected. A light shower forecast this morning. Barometer down to 1020 mBar.

Slept well enough that I actually got out of bed earlier than the rest of the week.

Comment

Morning.

Thursday.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Drizzly.

Wet.

Dire.

Chilly in here at 11.8 deg, 12 deg in the kitchen, 10 deg in the leanto.

1016 mBar, 30.0025 in Hg, 762.063 Torr, 14.7358 psi, (down from 1019 last night), 70% RH (GDR hair), 71% RH (Lidl electric).

The recycling engineers may have made their way along the road this morning but I wasn't aware of it. Which is good.

Meanwhile on the 26th of April 2019 MS was still successfully counting down with an eager audience viewing such, whilst I was busily installing The Etch Tank into the tin shed (unconcreted floor at that stage apart from the bit the tank stood on) and filled it with the requisite 5L of FeCl with expectations that it might all leak out.

Just checked the old BT email address. Another unmissable contract testing something or other that probably requires clearance, and an apology from the Regressive pimp who sent me the mech eng unmissable contract the other day. I've never had an apology from a pimp before. Apparently the system was down in some mysterious way.

Freecell score in the endless grey drizzly gloom: 86%, running average 85%. Nowhere near the zone today, unlike yesterday. One game took endless retries before I cracked it.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, 2 x marmalade & 1 x bramble jelly on slices of toast, red corner yog, 0.91*1.63 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: TWATO followed by "Lifesavers" or whatever.

Walk (abbreviated) walk in the grey gloom but drizzle free afternoon. A speck of blue was spotted in the sky. It may have been a chinese balloon.

Tea: chilli con carne with rice, some pear halves, a yog, 0.91*1.59 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM. With the irritating woman rather than the other twat.

Wheeler Dealers S8 E1 1973 Jaguar E Type SIII V12. I remember one of those for sale in Swansea in British Racing Green for £1600 back in 1975/6. Bought: £13,250, Total: £16,090, Sold: £18,500.

Still on the road, taxed to June, MOT free.

Joy of Painting. . One eyed viewing set in quite early on.

Discovering Dirk Bogart. Who do you think you are? Mark Gatiss. Northern Ireland. The brother who emigrate to Oz made a lot of money, far better off than the one who stayed in Ireland & endured the famine.

Trucking Hell S6 E19. Car in a canal lock.

The Movies: 1980s part I.

Could have watched The skinwalker ranch bollox on blaze but it's so fecking moronic that even I can't be arsed. Plainly watching 5 seasons of the oak island nutjobbery hasn't killed sufficient brain cells so far.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 February 2023, 09:00.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch: pâté on seedy bloomer toast

Still grey and damp out, though it's stopped raining

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Morning all

Overcast and looks damp out. A bit of a breeze ruffling the plants. Currently 9 degrees ('feels like' 7) with a high of 13 expected. A light shower forecast this morning. Barometer down to 1020 mBar.

Slept well enough that I actually got out of bed earlier than the rest of the week.
                so what time did the rest of the week get out of bed??

Comment

Originally posted by sadkingbilly View Post

so what time did the rest of the week get out of bed??

I think it's still there ?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    FFS. Missed call from the GP surgery I'm attempting to register with; they left a voicemail saying I can't because I'm out of area, because they're looking at my old address, not my new one

Tried to phone them back and today is the one Wednesday afternoon a month that their phone lines are closed for "staff training"
                    I phoned them first thing this morning, and spent nearly half an hour listening to some rather annoying music; fair enough though, at that time of day they presumably prioritise callers who selected 1 for appointments, leaving 3 for general enquiries languishing in the queue. Anyway, I eventually got through and was told that my application to register would have been deleted so I'd have to do it again

I did it again, and made note of the fact that literally the first step in the process asked for my current address; my old address was only asked for much later, with the details for the previous surgery. Of course that's no indicator of how the information is presented to them at their end, as and when they get around to looking at it. I just have to hope I'm free to answer their phone call when it comes so I can say "No, I've moved, look at the actual application I sent, not whatever nebulous record you've found associated with my NHS number"

Comment

Day just meself and little puppet parrot. ll2 Tuesday, whole bunch of loony ladies yesterday morning and ll1 in afternoon. Where have all the BLOKES gone?

Spent ages recently looking to do a mailshot for little business after being bossed into it by me sister. Complete waste of time as reputable mailing companies like Mail Chimp don't allow use of purchased third party lists and, after a lot of Googling, found it's not a good idea anyway. Can go through companies like Schoolzone that use lists where schools have agreed to receive mailing, but they cost a fortune. Not worth it given our small niche market.
                      Last edited by xoggoth; 16 February 2023, 18:37.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X