• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon all

Dull and overcast although I did see some sunshine this morning. Currently 8 degrees ('feels like' 6) and that's the high for the day. A bit of a breeze. Barometer up to 1020 mBar.

Another day off. Feel much better compared to yesterday but still a fair bit of brain fog. I decided to take heed of NF's advice and not rush back to work. I'll probably show up tomorrow.

Comment

Kitchen wifi issue resolved, some kitchen floor tiles re-grouted, all while hoping the "feels like" temperature rises above 3oC. Good job I exhausted The DogTW with a long walk along the beach at low tide. She's happy doing nothing today.

Next on my list is to start potting on heirloom tomatoes.

3 more mice caught overnight, at least one shrew still in the roof, but it appears to not like peanut butter.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        ...at least one shrew still in the roof, but it appears to not like peanut butter.
        One less shrew in the roof. It went for the peanut butter.

Comment

Late lunch so I could pop along to the big-but-not-as-big Sainsbury's. Forgot one of the main things I went for because I rely so heavily on memory cues from being in particular bits of the Actually Big one

TBH I'm not sure the supposed convenience from it being geographically closer makes it worthwhile. The journey there and back involves a lot more traffic and going through a town centre (it insists it's still a town but it's more like a suburb really). I'm probably better off just going to the Big one

Comment

Lunch was poached egg on toasted English muffin (a proper muffin, unlike those cake confections).

I was very pleased with the egg poaching. I usually balls it up.

Comment

I forgot to say what the late lunch was

Chicken tikka breast slices in a wholemeal bap with a bag of plain crisps

Comment

Won't be able to do anything except online soon, 7 shops and 2 banks recently closed or closing in high street of my local town. Earwig.

One less shrew in the roof. It went for the peanut butter
                How do rodents manage to get up there? Are they using drones or something?
                Last edited by xoggoth; 23 February 2023, 17:07.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Nipped into the bog in town and there was a bottle of vodka, those little ones they give out on planes, in the urinal. Resisted the urge to drink any.

PS I might have done if the top wasn't missing.
                  bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Won't be able to do anything except online soon, 7 shops and 2 banks recently closed or closing in high street of my local town. Earwig.

How do rodents manage to get up there? Are they using drones or something?
                    Unsure, there used to be a tree that overhung a corner of the house, maybe from that, or up through a hole somewhere. Someone suggested that they might have climbed the cavity walls.

Comment

Me son used to have big problems with rats under his floorboards in his last house. My floors are all concrete fortunately, they'd have to be super rats to be under there.
                      bloggoth

Comment

Working...
                      X