• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camellias and Azalea dug up and put in pots. 6 roses bought and planted in the rose garden (2 more on order, due for delivery soon). Couldn’t give away my old beer fridge, so ended up selling it for a tenner, and once it was gone we reorganised the summerhouse. Apart from that, I turned an old pair of chukkas into two bird boxes, one by the mower store, the other in the wood store. Gardening was slightly hindered by finding a wren building a nest in the log store (which I was due to demolish) and a robin building a nest in the garden tool shed, which means the forks have now been moved to another shed.

Oh, and I broke a spade digging up a rose of Sharon.

And now, pumped full of paracetamol and naproxen, it’s TFBSZ
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Telly whilst dining was an episode of The Repair Shop​​​​​​​; and after, the Secrets of the Museum thing recommended upthread. Both very enjoyable Sunday evening telly

Monday tomorrow but on the bright side, it's only a four day week

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
        CBS, warming up nicely. Glad not to be gardening today as my back needs a break.

Comment

Morning denizens

Thin overcast to start with out there today, though there's some thinner patches where a bit of filtered sunshine is breaking through occasionally; but it's expected to go back to cloudy later, with a chance of showers this afternoon. Currently 7°C but it may get as high as 16°; and the barometers are heading down again at 1004/1012mB

Comment

Morning.

Greyish.

Hazy.

Wanly sunny.

Chilly at 13.1 deg in here.

1005 mBar, 29.677 in Hg, 753.8 Torr, 14.576 psi, (down from 1010), 66% RH.

Monday.

Telex machine gleaming.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked during which the clouds got darker & darker.

Very windy.

Raining now.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toasted crust, red pippy corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade sandwiches, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.
            Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about funeral plans. .

Then we were informed that "there's limited time" so the wireless went <click> to reduce this to zero.

Entertainment: Discovering Jon Voight.

Tea: more cumbrian sausages with onions & carrots, some pear halves, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Farscape S1 E6 "Thank God it's Friday, Again". Crap ep.

NCIS S18 E15 "Blown Away". Moderately amusing. End of S18 next week.

S19 is showing on Disney apparently.

More utter bollox (but not quite Blaze level utter & complete bollox): "NASA secret files" on Dmax.

Freecell score: 93%, running average 84.484%.

Freecell score: 100%, running average 92%.

It's raining again.

I see we have a Diver in training. .

Keep him away from circular saws or buy him some proper cutproof gloves.

https://www.safetygloves.co.uk/blog/...nt-gloves.html
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 April 2022, 22:22.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Sunny out. Currently 12 degrees with a high of 17 expected. Barometer down to 1012 mBar.

Disturbed sleep - woke up a few times. Odd dreams that I can't remember.

Comment

Links are up

And once that was done I had time to pop out, so: walk briskly walked, green ring closed

I happened to run into a chap I hadn't seen in years going the same way, so ended up having a long chinwag with him until he turned off to continue on his journey home

And earlier, hasty lunch was sardine toasties

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Glad not to be gardening today as my back needs a break.
                  Ahem… put fertiliser on the lawn (used a 14kg bag, I think that was about right), then painted the two bits of deck I made the other week (one is a square over the septic tank, the other is a short walkway), then planted a few primulas and bulbs. Garden waste day tomorrow.

Oh, and I almost lost the tip of my middle finger on my left hand in an incident with an electric planer. Finger OK but new gloves now have a big whole in one of them.

Comment

Back on the haute cuisine tonight: Cumberland sausages with chips and beans, and very nice too

Comment

TFBSZ

Comment

Working...
                      X