• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

*checks Google Maps* Ah… yes, that's up in New Parks. It was around there that, many years ago now, the groom at a wedding party was arrested for kicking somebody to death outside his house for bringing a gift, and a neighbour told the local paper "We all saw it happening, but fights on the street are so common round here that nobody took any notice."
    Wot was wrong with the gift? Wrong sort of toaster?

Morning.

Dry.

Hazy.

Wanly sunny.

Chilly at 12.3 deg in here.

1017 mBar, 30.03 in Hg, 762.8 Torr, 14.75 psi, (down from 1018 last night), 66% RH.

Sunday.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the hazy sunshine. Chilly enough to require scarf & gloves until I'd warmed up after a mile or so.

How the oiks in t shirts & shorts manage is again, today, a complete mystery to me. .

Lunch: roast chicken breast roast lamb roast beef Morrisons "The best" cumberland sausages with onion gravy and mash, a red pippy corner yog, another yog uncornered, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: TWTW, which wasn't quite irritating enough to go <click> but came pretty close at times.

Freecell score in the Sunday afternoon ennui: 100% (of 9), running average 84%.

Entertainment (ditto): "Butch and Sundance: the early years (1979)". Mediocre. The train was nice.

"Mystery of the ice age giants": no, it's not Blaze & Giant Alien Lizards, rather it's Smithsonian with a German production investigating how homo sap managed to kill all the mammoths and almost everything else they've ever encountered. .

Doomed etc.

The dinosaurs probably had a lucky escape. .

Oh, the dinos are next up: the rock got 'em.

Tea: leek & potato soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich, last of the peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Queen: the Magic Years on Sky Arts.

The Ipcress File S1 E6: nice twist, saw it coming a couple of weeks ago.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 April 2022, 21:14.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Sunny and cloud-free from my scaffolding obscured vantage point. Currently 11 degrees with a high of 12 expected. Cloud cover due to increase as the day progresses but no rain forecast. Barometer up to 1020 mBar.

Today I will finish my OU assignment. Yes I will!

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

And then I rewatched Annihilation (2018) because it's very good. Which reminds me: ladymuck, you were going to give me those books, but both of us forgot about them at the Christmas Do. Ah well, if you still have them, I can get them off you at the CUK Summer Do you're organising
      I had completely forgotten about that but I still have them and will happily bring them along to the next do for you (but I'm not organising it!)

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Overcast but dry and a comparatively mild 13°C out. The barometers are very slightly up again, at 1009/1017mB. No rain expected, though sometimes it comes unannounced

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Wot was wrong with the gift? Wrong sort of toaster?
          As I recall, there was some bad blood between the groom and the victim. The latter went along thinking the wedding would be a good occasion to make a gesture of reconciliation; the groom didn't agree and, as a result, spent his wedding night in custody on a charge of murder

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            I had completely forgotten about that but I still have them and will happily bring them along to the next do for you (but I'm not organising it!)
            Thank you!

Comment

Lunch: the last of the corned beef in both a cob and a sandwich, with a bag of plain crisps

Comment

Walk today and saw a huge herd of deer running, must have been over 100!
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Watched the first episode from the new series of Secrets of the Museum, BBC. It's basically a posh version of The Repair Shop! They even use the same Japanese tissue paper that the lovely book binder chap does.

Comment

Tea has been a roast Big Chicken dinner, and was extremely nice

A good-sized chicken this one, being over four-and-a-half pounds, so as well as a further meal, there should be a decent amount of soup coming from it

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      Watched the first episode from the new series of Secrets of the Museum, BBC. It's basically a posh version of The Repair Shop! They even use the same Japanese tissue paper that the lovely book binder chap does.
                      Excellent - I'll check it out. Ta!

Comment

Working...
                      X