• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jainnode View Post

i really didn't know they had such high buildings there
    Well, outside and up a bit

Comment

Well I have made it to the end of The Curse of Oak Island, Season 9.

Nothing noteworthy was found across the 25 episodes they dragged the season out for.

I read somewhere that someone calculated the proportion of flashbacks used in each episode to pad them out and it averaged at 20%.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        In the Chinese
        And very nice too

It's that brief period of the year when it's light when I go there

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          I read somewhere that someone calculated the proportion of flashbacks used in each episode to pad them out and it averaged at 20%.
          They do a lot of that in the Australian gold digger thing too

Comment

TFBSZ
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was one of those films that's been around for ages and generally seems to be considered part of popular culture, but which I'd somehow never seen before: Office Space (1999). Given that I often complain about films going on too long, it's only fair to say that I thought this one could have taken an additional twenty or thirty minutes; but that would have involved developing the story of the reason the scam had gone wrong, and maybe that would have made it too much of a story about bugs in software, which would have diminished mass market appeal even if the likes of me enjoyed it. Anyway, even without the extra minutes, I enjoyed it

And then, as threatened, Terminator Genisys (2015). I think it's pretty good, even though James Cameron thinks it doesn't count

But if we're getting into time travel movies, which I seem to have been doing, then it's only right and proper to revisit one of the best that doesn't involve any kind of robots: Time After Time (1979). Who needs robots when you've got Jack the Ripper as the baddy and H.G. Wells as the hero?

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky with high level wispy stuff. Currently 16 degrees with a high of 21 expected. Barometer up to 1024 mBar.

Up early because sleep eluded me and the Sunday morning drivel on the radio was more annoying than usual.

Put some laundry in the WM.

Comment

^^^ Liked "Time after Time" though it's many years since I watched it.

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Well I have made it to the end of The Curse of Oak Island, Season 9.

Nothing noteworthy was found across the 25 episodes they dragged the season out for.

Wot? No signs of Marie Antoinette's jewels, the Ark of the Covenant, Shakespeare's manuscrpts, the Holy Grail?

Say it isn't so. .

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Slightly cooler at 18.1 deg in here.

1021 mBar, 30.15 in Hg, 765.8 Torr, 14.808 psi, (up from 1019 last night), 73% RH.

Sunday.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom.

Passed a chap doing a litter pick on the way up to the res which means I won't have to bother.

Pair of swans on the fishpond.

Pair of swans on the first pond.

Maybe they'll try again.

Lunch: cumberland sausages with onion gravy, a red corner yog (seemed a bit odd but tasted ok), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Just a minute: not an outstanding ep. Pretty meh really.

The usual UFO bollox on Blaze.

Freecell score: 92%, running average 85% (84.664%).

Entertainment: Shatner's take on UFO Bollox, though this one seems to be focusing on savants.

Just discovered I've neglected to wash last night's glass that once contained port. .

Tea: baked potato (the last & rather old example thereof) with cheese & baked beans, some fruit cocktail, a yog. 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Shatner's take on The Hollow World: again all it needed was "For the world is hollow & I have touched the sky" (even more under the circumstances).

Shatner's take on The Bible, merrily including the Apocrypha, The Gnostic Gospels, the Dead Sea scrolls, & all that.

Am Dro at 20:00, which was rather good, Port Talbot, Rhondda, North Wales slate mining, not quite so North Wales. One of them had a diabetic episode on that.

What's killing the Whales: PCBs and plastics from the sounds of it, with acoustic noise thrown in for good measure.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 June 2022, 20:42.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all
                    Dug up one of the biggest tree stumps yesterday from the lawn. That leaves one big one, which is right where we want to put the veg beds. All the other stumps are either small, or not on the grass. Have a few things to plant this morning, then out to visit family this afternoon.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Quite cloudy out, though in bulky fluffy form rather than overcast, with gaps here and there. Seems quite breezy still. Currently 18°C which is the high for the day, and the barometers are up a little again at 1014/1022mB

Comment

Working...
                      X