• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

CBS, etc. Muck spreading going on today (not a reference to a particular user) which is always a good test of your sense of smell
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      The car blokes have moved to the USA now, starting with a Pontiac GTO. I might find some better way of spending my time until they get around to putting on some new ones
      Wot? Are you nearly nut & bolt perfect on these? There's another series of Car SOS starting next week. And there's the unwatchable Wheeler Dealers car trading epic this evening.

Morning.

Thursday.

Dry.

Wanly sunny.

Breezy.

Cool in here at 16.4 deg, 18 deg in the kitchen, 16 deg in the leanto.

1009 mBar, 29.7957 in Hg, 756.8 Torr, 14.6343 psi, (down from 1015 last night), 74% RH (GDR hair), 71% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 1st of June 2019 there was discussion of Samuel Pepys, some films were watched, and flags examined.

Fridge in the process of defrosting. Looks like I'm two months early this year. Normally do it in July from the looks of things.

Lunch: baked potatoes with cheese & baked beans, a red corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y gap finder thing, Toast: the debacle of the Sinclair C5. TWATO.

Much dripping from the fridge.

Freecell score: 91%, running average: 85%.

Freecell score: 93%, running average: 85% (85.348%).

Operation Barbarossa on Great! Action. It's 4:3 so must be ancient.

Tea: chilli con carne with rice, some mango slices, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM (other than when it was <click>).

Wheeler Dealers S12 E2 1952 Ford F1 pickup truck. Brewer couldn't cope with the non synchro gearbox and has the mechanical sympathy of a brick. Bought: $4k5, total: $14,484, sold: $. Changed the gearbox (4 on the floor) for an autobox. Added go faster parts to the flathead V8: Edelbrock heads, Edelbrock inlet manifold, 4 barrel carb, rather more gas flow friendly exhaust headers, ?new exhaust?. Cowhide upholstery. Sun visor. Rat look exterior.

Fridge now defrosted, cleaned, and pressed back into use after vacuuming & cleaning its living space under the worktop.

Freecell score: 92%, running average: 85%.

Thought of watching Dalgliesh on 5 but I didn't think much of the first series of it, definitely nowhere near as good as the 1980s version.

Thus: Discovering Al Pacino on Sky Arts.

Abandoned Engineering: the Norwegian fertiliser/heavy water plant blown up in WWII.

The Salton Sea.

Papillon. French Guiana.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 May 2023, 22:39.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy but with patches of blue. Dry. Currently 12 degrees with a high of 19 expected. Intermittent cloud cover expected all day. Barometer down to 1016 mBar.

It would have been my Dad's 74th birthday today. Here's one of his favourite pieces of music (it was also played at the funeral).

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          It would have been my Dad's 74th birthday today. Here's one of his favourite pieces of music (it was also played at the funeral).
          Happy birthday in memoriam.

Comment

10am meeting postponed until tomorrow, so I'm looking through the catalogue for an agricultural auction next week.
            Rock 'n' roll lifestyle, me.

Comment

Regretting accepting that contract extension today. New ADC is a right micro-manager. Doing my head in.

I might have to have words as she may start encroaching on my outside IR35 status if she keeps it up.

Comment

Regretting accepting that contract extension today. New ADC is a right micro-manager. Doing my head in.

I might have to have words as she may start encroaching on my outside IR35 status if she keeps it up.
                Meanwhile I'm so inside I'm being paid for next Monday even though I was always going to be away.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Lunch has been the chicken, barley and tarragon soup with a crust of wholemeal, and was very tasty; very peppery

I still haven't been to vote. I thought of popping out this morning but standup turned into a two hour session, going through all kinds of stuff and making sure everybody was set up with what they needed, after which it was time for lunch. There's the weekly developer meet-up this afternoon, so I might pop out after that

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Meanwhile I'm so inside I'm being paid for next Monday even though I was always going to be away.
                    I'm working Monday. And Tuesday. Then off to NY for an extra long weekend.

Comment

It would have been my Dad's 74th birthday today.
                      It's Strangelove Snr's 103 birthday today. I'd quite forgotten. May the Fourth be with them. .

Had I remembered earlier I'd have put some flowers on the grave, it having been strimmed by the oiks within an inch of its life this week.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 May 2023, 16:37.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X