• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got around to going to vote. The polling station (a Hindu temple) isn't as close as it was at the old place (a Baptist church) but it's still only a few minutes' walk

Comment

Tea: some reheated roast duck with chips and ketchup

Comment

Just been outside listening to a chuffing hedgehog, and now TFBSZ.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tonight's car was some old pickup truck that they made look rubbish because of fashion. It's been on several times before. I went to vote instead

And the gold diggers were back to the usual ups for some and downs for others.

Then Inside the Factory on the subject of vegan sausages. This programme's starting to seem like a harbinger of doom, as this one was filmed at Heck's production line, and I saw something earlier today saying they're going to stop making vegan sausages because of poor demand. So all the nice people in the programme will presumably be either going on the dole or switching to working with bits of pig instead

The news had nothing useful to say about the local elections as they hadn't bothered with any kind of exit polls. It wasn't even the lead story, being pushed below the fold by something about weirdoes camping on the streets of London ahead of the coronation

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day out today, with evidence of overnight rain. Mild though: currently 12°C, and 17° expected. The barometers continxedownwards at 1001/1009mB

But… Friday!

Comment

Morning all
              Overcast and drizzly out.

TFIF, etc. Long weekend ahead.
              In fact, speaking of long weekends, the last 5 day week I did was w/c 24th April, and the next one will be w/c 12th June
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                The barometers continxedownwards at 1001/1009mB

Morning.

Friday apparently

Grey.

Drizzly.

Damp.

White sky.

Sunless.

Cool in here at 16.2 deg, 17 deg in the kitchen, 16 deg in the leanto.

1008 mBar, 29.766223 in Hg, 756.1 Torr, 14.6198 psi, (up from 1007 last night), 74% RH (GDR hair), 74% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 2nd of June 2019 it was raining.

The defrosting of the 2nd fridge is in progress. By jingo it needed it.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, yellow corner yog, 0.91*1.53 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Defrosting complete. Inside of fridge washed & dried. Fridge pulled out to clean behind it.

Three wandering onions discovered behind fridge.

Much cobwebbery and dust vacuumed off. Floor painted with, oddly enough, floor paint.

Fridge put back and refilled with stuff.

More of floor painted. Turns out it takes 12 hours to dry which is a pain.

Freecell score: 79%, running average: 85%. Zoned out today.

Tea: battered cod, the last of the mango slices, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The bottle of High Commissioner whisky finished off.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S12 E3 MGA. the one with the defective scroll seal on the rear of the crank that's replaced with some magic new assembly.

Having looked at the EPG there are no inneresting ones on tomorrow.

Didn't bother watching the end of it.

Freecell score: 88%, running average: 85%.

Dial 999 "Gun Rule": in 1959 the plod didn't arm themselves even going up against an armed man who'd already shot & wounded one copper, then shot & wounded another. Seems slightly unlikely to me.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 May 2023, 20:01.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy with grey bits, patches of blue sky visible through the gaps. Nice and bright when a gap is big enough. Currently 16 degrees with a high of 18 expected. Quite breezy. Light showers expected this morning and then the cloud is set to dissipate to leave a sunny afternoon / evening. Barometer down a touch to 1015 mBar.

Complained to the team lead about a lack of help in finding some data. He kicked some butts and now I have lots. I am a happy bunny.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

The news had nothing useful to say about the local elections as they hadn't bothered with any kind of exit polls. It wasn't even the lead story, being pushed below the fold by something about weirdoes camping on the streets of London ahead of the coronation
                    A friend of mine will be camping on The Mall with one of her sons this evening!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

A friend of mine will be camping on The Mall with one of her sons this evening!
                      And as it is a bank holiday the weather will be predictable....

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X