• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Result not too bad - there were only 3 200ml bottles of Cava on board and I had 2 of them
    Sounds like a bon voyage!

Comment

Plane 2 and there is a cat on this plane (in a bag but even so).
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

My Mum's just got home!

I'm popping down to see them tomorrow, so it looks like I'll be watching the coronation after all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          My Mum's just got home!

I'm popping down to see them tomorrow, so it looks like I'll be watching the coronation after all

Comment

HWMBO's flight down is delayed. It's supposed to be leaving in 10 mins but hasn't yet arrived...

The BA lounge at Glasgow has closed for the evening and he's been forced to buy a beverage to keep himself occupied while he waits.

Comment

Harry has been out already and had a feast.

Now TFBSZ
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The car earlier was an MBA we've seen before (several times) and it's in the USA so no details of its survival or otherwise are available. I ignored most of the programme TBH

And some of the small-time gold diggers had more luck than they expected

Then S1E6 of The Last of Us, Kin (TV Episode 2023). Not the cheeriest of episodes

And after that, a rewatch of Sully (2016) as a reminder that the birds can and will punish our presumption in seeking to occupy their element

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Rather grey day out, but mild enough at 12°C heading for 15°. The barometers are down a little at 1001/1009mB. Showers expected through the afternoon, but they shouldn't be too bad if they're like yesterday's (although one of them was very heavy)

Heading south in a bit.

Comment

Ah yes, the 1.6 litre MBA. A proper car that one. .

Morning.

Saturday apparently. There seems to be some sort of fuss going on.

Raining.

Wet.

Fed the cat next door.

White sky.

Sunless.

Cool in here at 16.8 deg, 18 deg in the kitchen, 16.5 deg in the leanto.

1007 mBar, 29.7366 in Hg, 755.3 Torr, 14.61 psi, (down from 1009 last night), 74% RH (GDR hair), 72% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 3rd of June 2019 it was warm & sunny in Manchester according to oPM. Compared with that everything else is trivial.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, complete with broken glass plate that I dropped, red corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Wheeler Dealers S12 E12 1983 Alfasud 1.5 TI (it's still taxed & MOTed). Bought: £4k8, total: £5k8, sold: £6k8. Love the magick tappet replacement tool and shim set. Another engine you have to remove downwards.

Painted the 2nd coat on the bit of floor in the salting house.

House roughly vacced.

Cleaned the kitchen and behind the cooker. Stone me, the water went a funny colour several times.

It's very awkward since there's not a lot of room.

Knackered now. And hot with it. There's a dehumidifier in there to dry it off a bit before I put stuff back. Might be an idea to level the cooker so stuff doesn't slide off the rings so much.

Tea: spag with the last of the fiery bol, some apricot halves, a yellow corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Maigret S1 E4 The Revolver. A breaktop S&W apparently, though who knows?

The Four Just Men S1 E18 The Discovery.

Some crap about PF on Sky Arts until I found something much much better:

"What we did on our holidays (2014)". Fecking brilliant. Laugh out loud funny. And it's on BBC Scotland so NO FECKING ADVERTS at all, particularly no FECKING GAMBLING ADS. And it's amazingly FECKING FUNNY.

Conspiracies crap on Quest. Waffling on about the Yellowstone Caldera. Oh. Now we're on to some Septic murder investigation using DNA phenotyping. Sierra Bouzigard. Covid: where did it come from? Zeity? The Vela incident. Prince Edward island.Israeli neutron bomb test.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 May 2023, 22:57.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Wet & miserable out. Might have to go and lock myself in a shed for a few hours doing some tidying.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X