• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

CBS, etc, so today will hopefully be spent in the garden.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Sunday.

Dry.

White sky.

Polleny.

Sunless.

17 deg in here, 18 deg in the kitchen, 17 deg in the leanto.

1014 mBar, 29.9434 in Hg, 760.56 Torr, 14.71 psi, (up from 1010 last night), 74% RH (GDR hair), 75% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 3rd of June 2019 Monday links were up.

Another patch of saltinghouse floor painted.

I wonder if he gatecrashed:

or got an invite.

Lunch: baked potatoes (reached with difficulty due to freshly painted patch of floor) with cheese and baked beans, red pippy corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: my tinnitus and some sparrows tweeting away at the top of the chimney.

Unlike yesterday's nightmare before waking which involved yet another tedious job interview which seemed to go through my less than stellar career, today's involved violently kicking someone or something, and I awoke to find I'd kicked the bedding off the bed. Very odd.

Shopping trip to Morrisons & Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Wish I'd done the washing this morning, but it was picking with rain for much of it.

Tea: bacon & lentil soup with Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed bread, a yog, some apricot halves, bramble jelly on a slice of toast, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: ST First Contact. I like that one. Not long until Zefram Cochrane's birthday.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 May 2023, 18:02.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon all

Cloudy with flecks of the grey but it's clearing up. Currently 17 degrees with a high of 21 early evening time. Barometer up to 1018 mBar.

Lazy morning had. Bed stripped and in the WM. Hoping to get it out on the line for a few hours but there's very little wind to help it dry.

Glad to your Mum is ok, NF!

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Sunny and Simpsonesque out. Currently 19°C, which is quite a lot in real money, and it might climb to 20° soon. The barometers are up a bit at 1006/1013mB

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Glad to your Mum is ok, NF!
            Cheers!

Comment

Had a nice relaxing bath

Still looking quite scenic out. All the trees in the surrounding neighbourhood are in leaf now, so there's lots of green stuff in view

Comment

After dropping off loony lady 3's shoes that she left in my car yet again, went to one of those NGS open gardens with Loony Lady 1. Quite nice and she actually paid for a change.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Tea: a nice big fry-up

Accompanied by an episode of Time Team in which they're digging up people's gardens in Hartlepool in search a Saxon monastery

Comment

Went out to throw down some food for Harry and heard a noise. It turns out that Harry and a friend of his were being friendly with each other.
                    I left some extra food, to build up his energy.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Today saw the usual Canadian border stuff and the NZ traffic police; and after Time Team, an old episode of 24 Hours in A&E

And then to bed to read more of Aubrey's Brief Lives

Early night now, perchance to get stuff done tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X