• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Rugby watched, mouse number 50 caught, now TFBSZ
    I can't remember how many I finally ended up at, but it was about that. I remember at the start coming across the saying that "If you see one mouse, you have fifty" and thinking "Nah, that can't be true."

Here's to hoping you're done with them!

Comment

Tonight's exclusive-to-AppleTV+-subscribers major motion picture premiere was Sharper (2023) which concerns a number of subtly interacting scams perpetrated against one another by the various protagonists. It's not as vibrant and bouncy as something like Ocean's 11 but it is increasingly intriguing as it goes along. Worth a watch

And as I was already on the AppleTV+ app I ended up watching S1E1-4 of Invasion (2021) which seems a bit backwards about coming forwards; barely seen an alien yet. But they got the thoroughly obnoxious twelve year old British public school bully down to an absolute T so I'm assuming the other humans of various cultures are also being depicted accurately and can but hope that we'll see some proper alien action soon

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Sunday.

Cold in here at 10.5 deg, 10 deg in the kitchen, 7 deg in the leanto, 2 deg in the salting house.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Frosty.

1025 mBar, 30.268 in Hg, 768.8 Torr, 14.866368 psi, (up from 1020 last night, 74% RH (GDR hair), 68% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 30th of April 2019 NF was eating the other leg of his M&S ostrich while updating his CV for the prospective Derby job and vetran was drinking marmalade flavoured lager.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the sunshine and cold wind. Couldn't feel my fingers until I'd reached the res.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Tomatoes purchased but zero red peppers available.

Lunch: baked potatoes with cheese and baked beans, red unpippy corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: The Food Programme. well that was different.

TWTW. More doom gloom & disaster.

Speaking of which: Freecell score: 73%, running average 85% (and dropping).

Thing on R4 about the privatisation of British Gas (and everything else "we" thought we owned) by The Bitch, inspired by The Man from Mars, including how it was all pissed up against the wall as opposed to the Norwegian way of doing things which didn't, so they're slightly better off, oddly enough.

Tea: soupy ricey thing again, some apricot halves, a yog, 0.91*1.53 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: the joys of being a woman working in the Fire Service.

NZ Motorway Cops thing S7 E6 & 7.

Endeavour S9 E1 "Prelude". Morse has dried out. Sort of. Missed the reg number of the Zephyr/Zodiac mk IV that Thursday was driving. The Jag isn't taxed.

Metroland: John Betjeman waffling on about The Metropolitan Railway. Didn't watch much of that, all in all.

The Repair Shoppe. How odd, the jigsaw resembles the rusty piece of crap down in the garage.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 February 2023, 23:12.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

It was bright and sunny with simpsonesque lumps of fluff then it came over all cloudy and dull. Currently 7 degrees ('feels like' 4) and that's the high for the day. Barometer up to 1027 mBar.

Bed has been stripped with the under sheet and pillow cases currently in the WM on a 60 degree cottons cycle. I was hoping to get them out on the washing line for a blow about but I don't think I'll risk it.

Still testing positive for covid so decided not to visit my Mum today.

I might hoover. I might not.

Contemplating sausages, tomatoes, eggs and a toasted muffin for brunch.

Comment

Brunch was indeed sausages (the whole packet cooked and spares saved for sandwiches in the week), roasted tomatoes and a sort of attempt at a frittata to use up some potatoes. All very tasty

I forgot the toasted muffin but it would have been a bit too much if I had remembered it.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Sunny day out, with assorted fluffy bits hung here and there for decorative purposes. Currently 7°C which is as good as it gets, and the barometers are very much up at 1018/1026mB

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Brunch was indeed sausages (the whole packet cooked and spares saved for sandwiches in the week), roasted tomatoes and a sort of attempt at a frittata to use up some potatoes. All very tasty

I forgot the toasted muffin but it would have been a bit too much if I had remembered it.
                  I also cooked an entire pack of sausages yesterday and may well be putting some of them in a sandwich shortly, now you've reminded me

Comment

The knee is a bit better today but still not quite right, so I shall be careful to avoid any risk of physical exertion

Comment

All bed linen has been laundered and draped about.

The sun has come out again and I briefly contemplated finishing off the gardening I started last weekend but, on putting some rubbish out in the bin, I decided it was a bit too cold.

Ents has been Storyville: The Spy in Your Mobile all about that Pegasus software scandal.

Comment

Working...
                      X