• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just before it got dark, there was a three-legged animal wandering around on the lawn. It was probably a dog, sans front offside leg and tail, but it's just possible it's a badly mangled and very elderly fox. It looked rather strange, at any rate. Eventually it wandered off somewhere over past the block opposite; there wasn't any sign of an accompanying human. All very odd

I didn't get around to having a sausage butty in the end as I didn't want to spoil my appetite for tea: a roast Big Chicken dinner, which is almost ready

Comment

Roast Big Chicken with the usual trimmings was extremely nice

Comment

54-15 tfbsz
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The traditional Sunday traffic cops from New Zealand were on earlier. Then there was the latest episode of Surgeons on iPlayer. And finally, also on iPlayer, some thing called Fast Justice which is basically more cops in cars zooming around, involving a team from Suffolk that concentrates on intelligence-led operations against organised crime and rather modestly call themselves "The Sentinels"

Monday again

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Goodnight all
            Night Nick :

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Morning all

The sunshine that woke me up seems to have clouded over and there's a slight chance of a shower this morning. Sunshine might intermittently poke its way through the cloud later. Currently 3 degrees ('feels like' 1) with a high of 8 later. Barometer up a bit to 1029 mBar.

Tired this morning, probably due to the 5am coughing fit. Head back to feeling fuzzy so will try and take it easy at work today.

Comment

Morning.

Monday.

Dry.

Sunny. Very.

Cold in here at 10.2 deg, 9 deg in the kitchen, 4 deg in the leanto, 2 deg in the salting house.

1030 mBar, 30.415 in Hg, 772.56 Torr, 14.93889 psi, (up from 1029 last night), 73% RH (GDR hair), 66% RH (Lidl electric).

Telex machine glowing well.

Meanwhile on the 1st of May 2019 NF had titivated his CV & dispatched it hence while the ongoing sauce wars continued unabated, including The Sperm of Satan.

Strange dream where Strangelove Mater & I were buying a cat from a shop and taping together some sort of cat carrier. Very odd.

Shopping trip to Tesco & Aldi done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. No red peppers, though Aldi had green ones.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, 2 x marmalade, 1 x bramble jelly on slices of toast, red corner yog, 0.91*1.53 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about tulipe.

TWATO. Waffling on about different tulipe.

Freecell score: 86%, running average 85%.

It's gone as grey as an 's arse out there.

Tea: chicken in white sauce with rice n peas, some apricot halves, a yog, 0.91*1.51 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM (when it wasn't going <click>).

Wheeler Dealers S8 E8 1954 Chevrolet Step Side pickup truck. Bought: $8650, £5k4, Total: £10,993, Sold: £13k6. 3.9 litre straight six. The bellhousing stays on the engine when you remove the gearbox Twin carb upgrade, new rear deck, sound proofing, painted engine bay, new wheels, tyres, and front grill.

That inlet manifold looks like it flows like a pig. Triple carbs would have been better.

It did 105 miles between the MOTs shown. Taxed until July. Presumably MOT free.

Joy of Painting (one of only three this week). Well that one worked. .

Who do you think you are?: Lulu.

Oak Island nutjobbery doing their "And this week we ain't found tulip" thing again. . "Follow the cobblestone road": more cobblers.

It's a mystery wrapped in an enigma quite why I, or anyone else, watches this bollox.

Gary creams his jeans finding the lock off a musket, shortly after finding a triangular thingie.

The CT scanner thingie does a fine job of seeing through the rust & crap on the lock. I'm actually impressed.

Secrets in the Ice:

NCIS S19 E1 "Blood in the water": Whither Gibbs Gibbs Gibbs? Ah. He's in 4 or 5 eps & then that's it.

Dr90210: plastic surgeon's approach to pimple popping: a GA. Lots of gunk. And she removed the sack so it won't come back. Dr Lee is more fun.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 February 2023, 23:35.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day with showers, currently 5°C and peaking at 8° this afternoon, but the barometers are up a little more at 1021/1030mB

Had a rather variable night's sleep, waking a few times, but overall I feel quite OK today. And the knee is a lot better, at least for now

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Working...
                      X