• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Last day of temporary retirement.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

There was blue sky earlier but it's clouded over again. Still reasonably bright out. Currently 3 degrees ('feels like' 1) with a high of 8 expected. No rain forecast. Barometer up to 1032 mBar.

This morning's tiredness stems from an unwelcome bout of hiccups in the wee hours (I refused to look at the clock). I could do with a lie in today but meetings beckon.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start again, even looking a little misty when I first awoke around seven. Currently 5°C, 8° promised later, cloud not expected to clear (so no aurora for us), and the barometers are very slightly up at 1023/1031mB

I had a rather good night's sleep, I think; perhaps I should get an early night more often

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Morning all

Last day of temporary retirement.
          Commiserations

Comment

Morning.

Tuesday.

Dry.

Sunny.

Not frosty.

Chilly in here at 10.7 deg, 10.5 deg in the kitchen, 9 deg in the leanto, 6.3 deg in the salting house.

1033 mBar, 30.5 in Hg, 774.8 Torr, 14.982 psi, (up from 1031 last night), 73% RH (GDR hair), 68% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 1st of May 2019 there was discussion of lard and beef dripping in addition to the Sperm of Satan etc.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the increasingly grey gloom despite it seeming almost warm when I walked out of the door.

Some miles up the valley it was bright sunshine with a curious hint of rainbow about it. I don't think I've seen something like that before.

It rained a tad just now.

Lunch: baked potatoes with cheese & baked beans, a yellow corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of Morrisons soya & linseed toast, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about energy prices. It went <click>.

Shopping trip to Morrisons and Lidl(tm) done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away, mostly in search of red peppers, of which Morrisons had zero, while Lidl(tm) had a shedload, bigger, cheaper, and nicer. Bought 3, one to cook at the end of the week, the other two to prepare & freeze. I assume one can freeze red peppers. We shall find out.

Tea: battered haddock (or cod) which I managed not to cook to death, the last of the apricot halves, a yog, 0.91*1.57 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S8 E9 1969 VW Karman Ghia: bought: $10k, £6k, total: £10k4, sold: £11k5.

Poor synchro on 3rd gear, new clutch, new carpets, new "treewood" for the dash, new dash padded top, hole in the boot filled with new metal, various bits painted.

That colourfully clad chap is in Sheffield looking at steam engines: a 3 cylinder engine used to forge armour plate.

Joy of Painting. That worked well. . They should bottle this. They'd make a fortune.

Who do you think you are? Ferne Cotton. That was inneresting.

No FBI: finished last week on S2 E19. Don't think I watch SWAT.

Instead of which it was "Maigret and the Burglar's Wife" 1991. The subtitled version.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102378/

Amusing enough.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 February 2023, 23:03.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Hmm. Reasonable sleep. Much less crappy than yesterday. Arty farty thing with bunch of old ladies soon and a Loony lady 1 walk this afternoon.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I decided to dust off my pulse oximeter (remember them?) as I was feeling a bit out of breath. SP02 is at 95% apparently.

Comment

Lunch has been a sausage cob (red sauce) - cold sausages, as they were part of the surplus from the other day. I rather like them cold

Still grey and there was the odd light shower earlier

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    I decided to dust off my pulse oximeter (remember them?) as I was feeling a bit out of breath. SP02 is at 95% apparently.
                    Worth keeping an eye on it; sometimes, covid will ease off for a bit but then have another go before finally retreating

Comment

Hope yer better soon muckylady.

No ll1 walk this afternoon as she had a last minute dental appointment. Putting together list of some old farty type songs for my karaoke this evening, if I can be *rsed to go.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X