• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Wednesday.

Dry.

Grey.

Sunless.

Gloomy.

Chilly in here at 11 deg, 11 deg in the kitchen, 10 deg in the leanto.

1029.8mBar, 30.4099 in Hg, 772.4 Torr, 14.9359 psi, (down from 1030 last night), 73% RH (GDR hair), 68% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 2nd of May 2019 NF had a haircut in preparation for the Boring Conference, Millie had her photo taken at the poling station, and apparently compilations sometimes require the blessing of a sky fairy for completion.

WTF would one require more than 64 thingies to connect to the broadband thingie for? Just askin' like. .

Is it this IOT stuff that seems so popular?

Since it's all produced by The Sirius Cybernetics Corporation* no good shall come of this.

*Chicom division: other equal opportunity dictatorial scum are available.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom and incipient drizzle.

Actually had three conversations today during the above mentioned walk. .

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons soya & linseed toast, 2 x marmalade and 1 x bramble jelly on slices of toast, red unpippy corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about food prices, coeliac disease, allergies, heat pumps, lack of heat pump "engineers", Whizzair: the most hated airline in the country.

And another tower of books destined for the Oxfam bookshop is built: this one contains such items as "Numerical Recipes in Fortran" and "Applied Cryptography" etc. etc. none of which I'm ever likely to read, Numerical Reciipes has been here since the 80s, unopened.

Found a data book for "ICT Peel Products" being all about programmable logic devices from a long gone semiconductor company. I think that one is destine for paper rec along with some sky fairy bothering ones I found in the garage.

Tea: chicken in white sauce with rice n peas, some fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91*1.56 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S8 E10: 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air 4 door with dagmars and a fiery carb that caught fire on the way to the port in Septicland. Said carb replaced with yet another fecking Holley 4 barrel. Bought: $6700, £4k, Total: £13k5, Sold: £16k.

No sign of setting fuel levels in the float chambers or any of the other things you have to do with that piece of tulipe. I thought the idea of blowing into the fuel filter using one's mouth was pretty fecking stupid considering how toxic TEL deposits are.

Taxed until Feb 2024, MOT free.

The colourfully clad one visits the Hornby museum in Liverpool. Amazingly enough they hadn't got around to stealing it yet. . Now he's in Abergele & Pensarn visiting some castle or other. I think it's the castle they used for I'm a celeb during the plague.

Joy of Painting: the last of this series. I shall miss Whispering Bob until he returns at some future time. The was strong in this one.

Who do you think you are? Lisa Hammond, whoever she is. Yesterday's great grandad was a conscientious objector in WWI and ended up in clink, today's grandad was a POW in WWII and spent years in a Nazi POW camp.

Mach a Seo: Ayrshire.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 March 2023, 20:15.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch: a pancetta omelette

It's looking as if it's thinking of raining out

Comment

Afternoon all

Sunny this morning, cloudy this afternoon. It's 8 degrees ('feels like' 6) and that may have been the high for the day. Barometer down to 1029 mBar.

Hectic morning - customers have complained to the board about reports not being available which means we'll have to stop sitting on them and get stuff released because obviously the reason why they're not released is out of spite rather than the technical difficulties of merging data from two systems.

Comment

The Toyota has been booked in for its MOT tomorrow

I've got to drop it down there early and no longer live less than ten minutes' walk away from the place. But just when I'd resigned myself to having to get a cab or something to get back, I checked the walking directions on Google Maps and realised it's a fair bit less than two miles on foot because of various ways you can cut through and a final walk across the park. It's about a mile further by road, purely because of inner ring roads and one way systems and the like - plus not being able to drive across the park

Twice in recent years it's had trouble with its offside front side light, so I just popped down to check it, and all the lights seem to be OK including the fog lights I never have occasion to use

But it just occurred to me that if it needs to stay for patching up, I won't be able to go shopping. So I might pop down Sainsbury's in a bit. Tea is something that only takes twenty minutes or so to make, so a quick trip down there in the light evening traffic should be OK.

Lots of meetings today (i.e. four) but I'm hoping it's a one-off

Oh, and the Cabinet Office has finally signed off on the new name and TLA for the department. Surprised they hadn't thought about stuff like that before changing the whole government around, but what do I know?

Comment

Sainsbury's was gone to, after which I had tea: chicken and chips with ketchup, being the remaining leg, wing and a little breast (with skin) of the Big Chicken

I might try a new recipe tomorrow with the skeleton and remaining meat

Comment

Tfbsz

65-16
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The car earlier was a Chevrolet Bel Air, which is still going strong and taxed until next February

The gold hunters had to be timeshifted because of shopping, but some of them managed to exceed their season targets which seemed to make them happy.

And then I couldn't bothered finding anything intellectually stimulating to watch, so I just stuck on an old Police Interceptors

Got to be up early tomorrow to get the Toyota across town - well, more skirting round the edge of the centre really. The route from here isn't too bad but there are a couple of potential bottlenecks and I don't know what they're like in the morning rush. So I think I'll aim to get there early if anything.

Goodnight all

Comment

Dinner was chicken Kiev and chips.

Ents was the remainder of The Handmaid's Tale S2 and the most recent episode of Your're Dead to Me on BBC Sounds.

Tired but feeling better today. I might chance another covid test tomorrow to see if I'm officially recovered.

Comment

Morning denizens

Another grey day but the drizzle of yesterday seems to be absent. Currently 2°C, might reach 8° later, and the barometers are down but not out at 1015/1023mB

Heading out to drop the car off for its MOT as soon as I've swigged this coffee down

Comment

Morning all
                      Pleasant walk earlier after checking the horses. Only one mouse overnight. Not much sleep for me though.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X