• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea: sausage and onion casserole with chips and peas

No French people swanning around giving me champagne though

I think I've now used up all the outstanding casseroles and stews from the freezer, though there's still quite a bit of various soups. I need to get through some of those and also make some more casseroles

Comment

Happened upon The Good Doctor on All4. Interesting premise but I feel like it might be another House but with an autistic lad getting into all sorts of scrapes because "he doesn't understand the way normals work". I hope I'm wrong and it's a lot more insightful than that.
      Last edited by ladymuck; 3 April 2023, 19:39.

Comment

The car earlier was a Ford Popular which I'd seen before. Taxed until May.

And the gold diggers were much as usual.

Later, the old and young opal hunters were on their final week, during which they finally got around to looking for gold

I put a bedding wash on earlier, about teatime. Then I decided to split it in two parts for drying, because it's supposedly more efficient that way. But unfortunately, it entered this odd mode where it carries on saying there's fifteen minutes left on the drying cycle for about forty-five minutes

I checked the manual, and it seems this happens when it needs to run a special cycle to clear fluff from its drum. So once that first lot had finished drying, I had to run that cycle, and now the second lot is drying and will potentially take at least another hour, and maybe even longer

Comment

OK, the duvet cover is almost dry; it can roost in the laundry basket overnight and if necessary, I'll have to put it back in in the morning

Goodnight all

Comment

I was unimpressed by The Good Doctor but I will give episode 2 a try before writing it off.

I am still working my way through The Handmaid's Tale; currently about half way through season 3.

Then I booked a flight up to Glasgow to see HWMBO after Easter. Thought it about time I set foot north of the border.

Sleepy now.

Comment

Morning all

CBS, etc here, but with a frost on the grass and some patches of frozen water on the pond.
              Harry the Hedgehog was out twice overnight.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start, but a bit chilly so far: currently up to 2°C from -1°, 13° on the cards. The barometers have settled back slightly from yesterday's climb at 1016/1025mB

The duvet cover was still a bit damp so that's back in the machine to finish drying

Comment

Morning all

Sunny with wispy fluff. Currently 6 degrees with a high of 13 expected. Barometer dropped a tiny bit to 1027 mBar.

Covering for the PM again as they've taken days off when there's delivery meetings with senior management and I'm trying to blag my way through. Fortunately the CIO reigned in one of the more pushy delivery managers who was demanding dates tomorrow ahead of some meeting in favour of a date by the end of the week that could be committed to.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Millie is back home from her cremation.

lots of and going on here.

Morning.

Tuesday apparently. (I had to check that again to make sure and it's nearly half past 4).

Woke at 06:06 and put the wireless on then dozed all the way through until 8. Trying to figure out the meaning of the dream about a water meter being fitted without my consent.

Dry.

Blue sky.

Sunny.

Chilly in here at 12.1 deg, 12.5 deg in the kitchen, 9 deg in the leanto.

1024 mBar, 30.238 in Hg, 768.06 Torr, 14.852 psi, ( down a tad from 1024 and a bit last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 70% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 20th of May 2019 there were 8 days to go. .

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the sunshine. I wouldn't class it as "warm" despite the lunatics in shorts & tshirts.

Lunch: baked potatoes with cheese and baked beans, red corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed toast, 0.91*1.53 pints of good Glengettie tea.

I suspect I shall mow some lawns this afternoon since the one I mowed last week shows signs of needing mowing again this week.

Looking at my lawns, they could do with meeting the lawn rake but I really can't be arsed: it'd mean at least 50 binbags of crap to get rid of.

<hiatus>

5 lawns duly mown leading to: shower & washing of hair. Got quite warm out there despite the mower being self propelled.

I'll need to use the electric mower to tidy up around the edges since the petrol one is too heavy & awkward to do that.

Tea: battered cod, some apricot halves, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Wheeler Dealers S10 E9 Corvette C2 Stingray 327 engine. Again. Bought: $29k, £18,100, Total: £25,280, Sold: £45,500. New distributor drive shaft, electronic ignition, spark plugs, leads, painted, replace the plastic rear window on the soft top, reinstated the soft top, reinstalled all the bright work, carpets, seats, adjusted the brakes to rectify the pull on the steering. Not known on MOT site.

Freecell score: 94%, running average 85%.

S2 E3: Maigret at the hotel Majestic (1993) with subtitles. Rather good.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 April 2023, 22:14.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch: sardine toasties, of the Sea of Tomato Sauce variety

And while I was eating that, the post came, including a book I bought off AbeBooks that was written by a friend of mine who died about twenty-five years ago

Comment

Working...
                      X