• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My nice new pillows have now been encased in their protectors and pillow cases, so the bed is all ready for when I need it

And before that, tea was a steak & caramelised onion burger in a toasted sesame bun with sweet chilli sauce, accompanied by chips

So everything is done and dusted at last, and I can finally relax

Comment

TFBSZ
      {emotionless greeting}

Three Word Slogan

Comment

I'm quite tired, so I'll get into detail about the films tomorrow if that's all the same

Goodnight all

Comment

Got Wordle in 2 goes. Yeh.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning all
            {emotionless greeting}

Three Word Slogan

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

Cool in here at 18.1 deg.

1018 mBar, 30.06 in Hg, 763.56 Torr, 14.765 psi, (up from 1017 last night), 74% RH.

Saturday judging by the crap coming out of the wireless.

Found out what the "Purple Rain" trail was about: wireless went <click>

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the windy wan sunshine.

The big hairy caterpillar didn't survive being run over by a car before I had chance to save it.

Lunch: lentil & ham soup with Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed toast, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Money Box: we're all doomed.

The News Quiz: we're all doomed.

News at 13:00: we're all doomed.

Despite the badness of the back, the lawns need mowing despite it only being 13 days since I last did it.

Fecking grass is growing like Topsy.

<hiatus>

Six lawns amown. Knackered now.

Tea: last of the fiery bol with spag, some fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM. Ah spit, the Labor Party have won, Bruce.

Ancient Aliens bollox: watched it before so replaced by a thing about Frank Lloyd Wright on BBC2. It helped justify my tv licence. . Though I dozed a bit here and there.

Ancient Aliens bollox: Impossible artefacts: not improved by the fright haired Greek American chap. Also present is Derek von thingy.

Freecell score: 86%. And that took some doing. Definitely far out of the zone at the moment. .

Entertainment: nothing. Nada. Feck all. 13 channels of tulip on the tv to choose from. For "13" read hundreds and they're all tulip.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 May 2022, 21:42.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Looks like blue sky with wispy stuff this morning. Currently 16 degrees with a high of 20 expected. The day will be cloudy but dry. Barometer up to 1022 mBar.

I think I'll take a walk down to Chelsea today to have a look at my storage locker and see how much space I have in it. I know there's several empty boxes in there which I could now throw away as the items they belong to are past their warranty. I can't remember if the storage place has bins. I hope so, as that would be very handy.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Bit grey out, but not rainy and pleasant enough at 18°C. Barometers are up slightly at 1011/1019mB

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Got Wordle in 2 goes. Yeh.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      The big hairy caterpillar didn't survive being run over by a car before I had chance to save it.

Comment

Working...
                      X