• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teapot activated

Comment

This evening ents has been lots of Brooklyn-99, from the beginning as I'd stopped watching it at some point and decided to restart it.

Comment

I decided earlier that I really fancied a steak for tea. Luckily, I had one of those thick-cut ribeyes in the freezer, so tea has been that with the usual chips, fried onions and beans

Comment

Read some more of the South Sea Bubble book today; not far to go now

Whilst dining, viewing was yet another new episode of Police Interceptors

And then another episode of The Repair Shop

I see iPlayer has some shortened versions of that with a short shelf life, so I must make a point of watching them while they're available.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Rather grey, cloudy start, and apparently it'll continue along those lines with a chance of rain this evening. Currently 14°C with an expected high of 17°, and the barometers are noticeably down at 995/1003mB

Comment

Morning all

Busy day so far, it's 13oC, we've had a walk, I've put some varnish on the bird box stand, and while I was doing that, I hear a tapping noise outside the workshop. Turns out that a pair of great tits are starting to build a nest in another nest box.
              I wonder if these are the same ones who have just fledged their young last week? I noticed they had been flitting around where their previous nest was, but that was in an old box that had an unstable stand and was held together with rigging straps. When they vacated it last week, I took the box away and got rid of the two dead chicks inside it.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Damp.

Grey.

Sunless.

Cool at 18.2 deg.

1001 mBar, 29.559 in Hg, 750.8117 Torr, 14.52 psi, (down from 1005 last night), 74% RH.

Telex machine glowing particularly brightly since putting my back out attempting to put socks on. Getting bored with this now.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom and imminent drizzle.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches on same, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y. Apparently staples are getting more expensive, just as well I stocked up on all those 26/6 staples some years ago. Who'd have thunk? A staples shortage. .

Maybe it's because Staples went bust some years ago? Followed shortly by its replacement Office Outlet.

TWAO.

Freecell score: 100% (of 18), running average 85% (84.5something).

Drill battery charge duly repaired & reassembled. First technical thing for a long while.

Entertainment: Discovering Michelle Pfeiffer.

Tea: the remainder of the chicken from yesterday with carrots & onions, some fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Farscape S2 E14 "Beware of Dog".

Wheeler Dealers: Mercury Capri Mk2 2.8 1976: in other words a 2.8 Ford Capri detuned for the Federal emissions standards of the day.

Ant seems to think that the 2.8 Cologne V6 had 3 port heads in Europe. It didn't The Essex 3 litre did and the 2.9 Cologne did, rather later. I do like it when they don't know WTF they're talking about.

Abandoned Engineering. Woodberry Earth Station: abandoned satcom site in a crater in Georgia, later used by SETI. Kumbhalgarh Rajasthan. Waltham Abbey Royal Gunpowder works. French castle. Chateau de Breze.

Skinwalker Ranch: feck me, this load of bozos (with numerous PhDs, presumably from tulipe Kreek University, Oregon) make the Oak Island nutjobs look like respectable science investigators.

This week's lunacy: connecting a car battery between a well and a metal stake in the ground & being amazed that current passes between the two, then being amazed that a "lightning detector" detects the circuit being broken.

Duh. Lightning detector: detects the rf from lightning: breaking the circuit generates a spark that generates rf.

Marconi didn't have a fecking PhD when he discovered that.

Next: get a big feckoff Tesla coil & play with that for a while.

This is Yet Another Prometheus production. .

Next Week: having seen Yet Another UFO, they decide to launch rockets. Well what could possibly go wrong with that?

The Repair Shoppe (on Really). Little of innerest other than the rather odd clock, plus I've watched it before, thusly:

NCIS S10 E5 "The namesake": the one with Billy Dee Williams and Ralph Waite. Discover the origins of Leroy Jethro Gibbs' name.

Arfordir Cymru: Sir Benfro: some nutter wandering around the coast of Pembroke in small boats discussing local names thereof.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 May 2022, 21:44.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

A cloudy but patchy sunshine start to the day. It's 17 degrees and that's the high for the day. Rain forecast off and on all day. Barometer down to 1004 mBar.

Had to go to C&WH this morning for my covid trial check up. I wasn't sure if I'd dodge the rain so wore a jacket and took an umbrella for the walk. It's very humid out there (app says 68%), making the jacket choice rather regrettable.

However, the walk did mean I've reached my step target for the day already so I can sit on my behind guilt-free for the rest of it.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Scotch broth and multiseed bread for lunch

Comment

Working...
                      X