• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a new series of 24 Hours in A&E. Watching to see if it's really new. Apparently filmed during the autum of 2020 so not "new" as in recent. The opening stuff is all the same.

Comment

Tea has been ribs and chips

No massive drop in temperature happened. But it's made it way down to 27° then back up to 29°, and there's supposedly been rain (though you wouldn't know it) which has made it very close too. So I'm hoping we do get a thunderstorm now

Comment

The car earlier was some kind of clip show, which was rapidly turned off

Then whilst dining, an old episode of Police Interceptors, the series in question being set in Cumbria which makes a change

And then I couldn't be bothered watching anything else

It's down to 26°C outside now, and just under 30° in here. I'm hoping the place will have cooled down by morning

Goodnight all

Comment

^^^ It was odd even for a clipshow, this evening's epic is a review of the ?five? years they spent in septicland.

Morning.

Dark.

Sunless.

Dreary.

Grey.

Damp.

Drizzly.

Hot in here at 24.1 deg.

1009 mBar, 29.796 in Hg, 756.8 Torr, 14.63 psi, (up from 1007 last night), 69% RH.

Wednesday apparently though how the feck anyone knows that anymore is beyond the wit of humankind.

Delightful dreams again, this time some crazy contract somewhere, doing something I knew nothing about, with someone who looked remarkably like a chap named Alan Clarke who I worked with 30 odd years ago & is at least 10 years dead.

So where that came from is a mystery wrapped in an enigma.

I even spoke to this guy saying "You're Alan Clarke" whereupon his visage began to change, proving that he wasn't.

There was something to do with the equations of motion along with it, and I ended up singing "Wanderin' Star" for inexplicable reasons.

Discovered yesterday that the elderly lady who lived next door popped her clogs back in April & I never knew.

This week's "Sideways" introduced Herman Kahn who wrote that excellent book "On Thermonuclear War", perfect other than its omission of Cobalt Thorium G.

Having been awake since 06:03, I zoned out during some of it & probably snored a bit in others.

Shopping trip to Tesco done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised, & put away.

Freecell score: 94%, running average 85% (84.79%). Rather better than yesterday's effort in the unbearable heat.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Silence following the <click> when Bozo the fat owl of the remove did his Terminator impression, Which wasn't up to much. Par for the course.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the grey gloom. The sun came out briefly but then buggered off. Grey is good.

Entertainment: the last half of Discovering James Mason.

Ancient Aliens bollox: The Alien infection. Spanish flu. The 70k BC population crash.

Ancient Aliens bollox: The transdimensionals.

Tea: chicken in white sauce with rice n peas, some pear halves, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Farscape S4 E15 "Mental as anything": the mindgames/mental training one. Not a bundle of larfs.

Wheeler Dealers S16 E16: another clipshow. Well that was moderately tedious. But at least it had subtitles, which was good.

Dan Do at 20:25. there's tidy then.

Antivax nutjobbery on BBC2. Including one who believes the new 5G bat telephones are killing people. Obviously a transmitter burner.

Phantom Signals on Blaze: slightly less bolloxy bollox than the usual.

The Italian brothers Batista who recorded a dying cosmonaut in the early 60s using home made radio equipment, the ghost tapes used by the septics in 'Nam, air quakes (I'm sure that's been done before): mysterious thunderclap like noises without thunder cells being present.

This lot: http://www.aerospaceweb.org/question...y/q0235a.shtml
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 July 2022, 22:09.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

There's a layer of high flat cloud out, but it's generally quite bright despite that. A lot cooler than it has been, though: currently 20°C with a maximum of 24° expected, and rain possible this evening and overnight. The barometers are roughly the same as yesterday at 1004/1012mB

Comment

Morning all

Had a great night's sleep and really struggled to get out of bed earlier. Looks like it's raining on some of the hills to the north.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Sunny with some lumps of fluff. Currently 24 degrees with a high of 26 expected. Lovely breeze coming in the window. Barometer up to 1017 mBar.

Looks like there may have been more rain overnight. Hopefully that'll mean fewer dehydrated bees.

Comment

Hmmm. Email from loony lady 3 to see if I want to meet for lunch today. Let's see, meet loony lady 3 or suicide, loony lady 3 or suicide ....
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Turned up for Karaoke on wrong night last night, forgot they'd changed it. Still, not a complete waste of time as went for me walk nearby in a cooler evening. Couldn't face it in the day.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I got up and it was lovely and cool.

I toddled off to the supermarket around 9am and it was humid.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X