• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Up to 37°C here now; 39° on the cards for later. Inside, it's exactly 30° in the living room, but the bedroom is exceedingly chill at 29.3°

Comment

Ahh it's mid-day need to move rooms.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I think there is something wrong with the weather forecast if Heathrow is 40.2 then it is warmer than yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          I think there is something wrong with the weather forecast if Heathrow is 40.2 then it is warmer than yesterday.
          the forecast was always for today being hotter.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

It's apparently 39 here.

I picked up two fans from Argos. A small desktop one for the office and a larger one for living / bed room as needed.

I also popped into the post office (located inside W H Smith) and was not at all upset by the length of time I had to wait to be served. I'm pretty sure they have the best aircon

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

the forecast was always for today being hotter.
              The forecast yesterday was initially that the top temperature would be 39 today. This morning it was put down 2 degrees to 37.

Wth my indoor temperature being higher than yesterday, it meant the 37 degree temperature was wrong.

And yes I'm correct as the "forecast" has suddenly gone up to 39.

Comment

It's just hit 39°C here, so I popped out the back to see what that feels like, having never encountered it before due to my policy of not going anywhere like that. I would grade it as "Unacceptable"

Lunch has been corned beef butties again, mainly because I keep the corned beef in the fridge, so it's nice and cold

Comment

A stiff breeze is not bringing much respite.

I have just sat with my feet in a couple of inches of cold water in the bath to try and cool myself down. It was a nice diversion but didn't help much.

Comment

According to the Met Office there might a thunderstorm this evening. I bet it doesn't clear the air but instead makes it all muggy and sticky.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      According to the Met Office there might a thunderstorm this evening. I bet it doesn't clear the air but instead makes it all muggy and sticky.
                      Thunderstorm cancelled. No rain until Friday.

Comment

Working...
                      X