• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Is this the newest loony lady that stalked you on return from one of your walks?
    No that would be loony lady 4. She ain't got back to me yet.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

31oC near the coast in Devon. Suddenly went up about 5oC in the space of half an hour.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        31oC near the coast in Devon. Suddenly went up about 5oC in the space of half an hour.
        Same here.

Least you don't have urban heat island effect to deal with.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

34 here at Earls Court Station

Heading back home where it won't be any cooler

Comment

Links are up

And lunch was corned beef butties

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Just spotted this on Unbound, I might back it: https://unbound.com/books/20goto10/

EDIT: I did back it
              Good find! So did I

Comment

As an experiment, I opened the curtains in the living room and within an hour, the temperature had gone up from 27.9°C to 28.4°. This was at the same time that the outside temperature went from 36° to 37°. So I closed the curtains again and although outside is still on 37°, inside has dropped back to 28.2° over the subsequent hour

Comment

37! Gordon Bennet. 32 outside here and that feels pretty hot. Actually dug out some shorts. Sainsburies shortages again, no salad or crumpets.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Down to 31° here now

Tea has been a thick-cut ribeye steak with chips and beans

Accompanied by yet more 24 Hours in A&E from 2012

And the car earlier was an International Harvester Travelall, which is something I'd never heard of

Comment

Ocado was 45 mins late and delivered hardly anything because the chiller section of the van failed. Sadly, due to the way stuff was packed, a lot of things that didn't need to be in the chiller section (bread, sugar, tonic water, crumpets) were undelivered. I completely understand that it's easier to decide everything that was in the chiller should be returned to the warehouse but it's wasteful when the way items are packed mean perfectly safe cupboard items are included in that decision. I shall offer feedback to Ocado about better packing protocols...

Comment

Working...
                      X