• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email chain conversation (with lots of people on it) about a critical piece of testing...

Him: We have processed files, can the other team check that they are OK

Me: Can you tell me the file names you processed, or better yet copy the files into this email, so we have the record to validate the test

Him: The filenames are ACK_*.xml , INV_*.xml

There's about 5,000 files that are in the format ACK_*.xml , and he doesn't know what he's done.
    But with about 30 seconds of digging, he's run a test in part of a system that was switched off 15 months ago.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Email chain conversation (with lots of people on it) about a critical piece of testing...

Him: We have processed files, can the other team check that they are OK

Me: Can you tell me the file names you processed, or better yet copy the files into this email, so we have the record to validate the test

Him: The filenames are ACK_*.xml , INV_*.xml

There's about 5,000 files that are in the format ACK_*.xml , and he doesn't know what he's done.
      But with about 30 seconds of digging, he's run a test in part of a system that was switched off 15 months ago.
      How did he run a test in a system that's switched off?

Comment

No walkies yet as was pouring with rain so been messing about trying to convert a mobile screenshot of path walked on an OS map into a track to show on my Bing mappy thing. Almost works but for some reason, although track starts and ends at correct points, the curvature is wrong, can't figure out why. I know the Earth ain't flat but over a very small area x,y should convert to longitude,latitude by simple ratios. Can't figure what I'm doing wrong. Grump.

Looking better outside now so maybe walkies a bit later.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

How did he run a test in a system that's switched off?
          He was interfacing files onto the server (which still exists), using software which was supposed to be decommissioned a year ago, and the files are now waiting to be processed by other software that is decommissioned.

Comment

I usually gave file rude names. Had to rename them before I sent to anyone else.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Tea has been chicken cacciatore and chips. And lunch, which I was too busy to record due to too many meetings, was pâté on seedy bloomer toast

Comment

TFBSZ

Comment

The car earlier was a Ford Thunderbird from the 1950s. Taxed until November, so still going strong

And later, the new series of Ambulance on iPlayer

It's getting cooler in here; down to about 23°C now. I may need the duvet at this rate

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Another grey start, currently 16°C but expected to soar to 24° this afternoon, and a 70% chance of some precipitation mid-evening. The barometers are barely changed at 1007/1016mB

Comment

Morning.

Dry as in not raining yet.

Sunless.

Grey.

Cool at 21.8 deg in here.

1010 mBar, 29.825 in Hg, 757.56 Torr, 14.6488 psi, (up from 1007 last night), 68% RH.

Thursday.

The recycling and waste disposal engineers made their merry way up the road earlier, singing a happy song*.

*This last may not have been the case.

Meanwhile back in December 3rd 2018, the builder renovating the parents' house had gone bust, while I had the joy of the X55 home and NF had ribs & chips for tea.

The wireless just went click due to some oik by the name of James Stupidly annoying the crap out of me.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom of the morning, with hints of rain in the air.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, I was a bit heavy on the pepper, chilli powder and pepper, bramble jelly & marmalade on toasted sunflower & pumpkin seed**, red corner yog (now they're down in price again), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

**To avoid confusion bramble jelly on one slice of toast, marmalade on the other.

Entertainment: Y&Y. Sliced bread. Neither of which proved inneresting.

Freecell score in the ongoing drizzle: 86%, running average 85%. And it took a while since it was down in the 70s earlier on.

Tea: chilli con carne with rice, stewed apple with custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler dealers S11 E9 Jaguar XJC ?1976?. Nice car. He worked hard on that waterpump, I think I'd have just changed the fecker. Not sure his spark voltage tester was quite kosher. They seem to like ceramic coating bits of exhaust. I wonder why.

Alias S4 E21 "Search & Rescue" the one with the Giant Rambaldi sphere over a city in Russia. Zombies.

Alias S4 E22 "Before the flood". the team go to Russia of destory said sphere. Elena comes to a bad end. Cliffhanger ending to the season.

Alias S4 bonus features.

Possibly some UFO bollox on Blaze, otherwise. The final ep of that particular UFO bollox.

Alias S5 E1 "Prophet Five": resolving said cliffhanger & revealing some of "Vaughn's" secrets. Who'd have thunk?

Forgot to mention the large raptor I surprised on the walk which proceeded to drop the large rat it had caught.

I assume it went back for it since said rat wasn't there today & it wasn't in a condition to walk off on its own.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 August 2022, 15:08.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X