• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

CBS.

Cold in here at 16.1 deg, 17.5 deg in the kitchen, 13.5 deg in the leanto, 9.1 deg in the saltinghouse.

1022 mBar, 30.179 in Hg, 766.56 Torr, 14.8228 psi, (up from 1012 last night), 75% RH.

Tuesday.

Entertainment: the science thing on R4 about fruit fly research.

Back in 31st January 2019 Mudskipper had the pressure switch replaced on the boiler, NF was making soup, and I was watching "Predestination" on the idiot lantern.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and pegged out on the line.

Shirts in the WM.

Shirts out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the warmish sunshine.

TV Times purchased.

Shirts appear to be almost dry.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, yellow corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed toast, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y phone in about energy prices until it went <click>.

Shirts roughly iRoned & airing upstairs, left the smalls on the line.

More gardening: the remainder of the 2nd raised bed duly removed.

Now there's an enormous pile of earth where the greenhouse used to be. .

Dug up Yet More Bricks, and found the slabs of concrete that used to be the front path back in the day.

Under on of which was an enormous root which I then pulled up, only to find it was the root of a gooseberry bush which is now dead.

Ho very hum.

After piling up the bricks, decided enough was enough.

Tea: Tesco battered haddock, some peach slices, a red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S13 E16 1985 Maserati Bi-Turbo electric conversion. Mildly inneresting in its way. "Bought" (actually swapped for a cruise) for $2740, total spend: $22k4, sold for $22k4.

Frecell score: 85%, running average 85%. Brain dead today.

The Rookie S2 E13 "Follow up day". The one with the stolen scratch cards.

The Repair Shoppe: 3 dial clock that spent 40 years in a shed, tricycle, "work of art". I'd seen it before.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 October 2022, 17:59.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

It was misty / hazy when I got up. Now it's glorious sunshine and clear skies. Currently 12 degrees with a high of 17 expected. No rain forecast. Barometer up to 1026 mBar.

Hired a car for Friday as funeral logistics means someone needs to drive people about. Car hire logistics means I have to pick it up on Thursday and return it on Monday. At least I'll have a decent sized car for taking a load of stuff to my storage place on Sunday, seeing as the boot of my car lacks capacity.

Comment

Lunch was cheese and beans on toasted seeded bread.

Had to close the blind in my office due to the sunshine giving me a headache.

Comment

Lunch: Heinz tomato soup and seedy bloomer toast

Still sunny out

Comment

Gettin me songs together for karaoke later and suddenly voices hardly were audible although music seemed same. Fortunately, twiddling about with the connection solved it.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Tea has been pork chops with chips and beans

Accompanied by a bit of old Police Interceptors

And the car earlier was a Maserati Biturbo that they turned into a Sinclair C5 with the help of a couple of electric motors, after which the opal hunters did the usual thing of breaking everything (including themselves) then ending up with thousands of dollars (AUS) worth of stones

Comment

Just realised I forgot to watch the gold hunters last night!

Ah well, it's repeated next Sunday, and probably repeatedly after that

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  And the car earlier was a Maserati Biturbo that they turned into a Sinclair C5 with the help of a couple of electric motors
                  Those motors looked a bit big to fit in a washing machine.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Those motors looked a bit big to fit in a washing machine.
                    Probably off those big dryers they have in the launderette

The launderette up the road from me had a fire in one of its dryers a few months ago, but it was open again within a week or two so it can't have been too serious. But the fire brigade got the police to bust into the flat above to make sure nobody was up there, and they found the dope plant the guy who lives there was growing

Comment

Earlyish night now. Seven more working days!

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X