• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Grey day out, with overnight rain continuing into the morning as drizzly showers. It's been a tad warmer in the night than it might have been, because of the cloud cover: 9°C now, but only aiming for 12° in the day. The barometers are heading down again at 989/997mB

Comment

Morning all
      Bit of a storm blowing through the night, and we got soaked on the walk earlier.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Wednesday.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Wet.

Chilly in here at 14.7 deg, 13 deg in the kitchen, 13 deg in the leanto.

998 mBar, 29.47 in Hg, 748.56 Torr, 14.4747 psi, (down from 1005 last night), 70% RH (GDR hair), 64% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 26th of July 2019 it was hot hot hot and grey grey grey, where Xogg had a pigeon on the windowsill which flew off having crapped, whereas NF was waiting for 14:00 so he could collect his prescription from the pharmacists, that being the return from lunch time of the dispenser.

Freecell score in the grey greyness: 90%, running average: 86%. Gave up on one game coz it pissed me off.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y <click>.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the grey gloom with wan sun of the afternoon.

Freecell score: 95%, running average: 86%.

Tea: chicken in white sauce etc.

Entertainment: PM <click>

Wheeler Dealers S7 E3 VW Type 2 Panel Van. MOT ran out August 2020.

Dan Do. More houses yng Nghymraeg.

Foxy Coxy waffling on about life, the universe, and everything. He's seen things you people wouldn't believe. . Tedious. The Apollo & Saturn V bits were ok.

Dr Pimple Popper. Chap with an enormous lipoma on his butt, chap with an enormous cyst on his head, woman with atopic dermatitis and acanthiosis nigrans (an unusual combination apparently).

Jews Don't Count with David Baddiel. Antisemitism in the left.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 November 2023, 23:52.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Forth implemented in 380 bytes

Comment

^^ that reminds me of this, which I happened upon the other day.
            I wouldn't say any of them are cursed, just "interesting"

Morning all

Raining. Currently 11 degrees ('feels like' 9) with a high of 13 expected. Rain set to continue all morning. Forgot to look at the barometer when making coffee so will update with that info when I next go downstairs. I suspect it'll have gone down.

Not looking forward to this afternoon when my Mum gets the awful news about her diagnosis. Then we have to work out how to get her to take a tablet every day and I suspect every day we're going to have to remind her why.

Comment

In the words of me old Nan - Winter is Coming..... Or was that Ned Stark?

Either way it's becoming dark and dismal (Dreich I believe the sweaties say)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                ^^ that reminds me of this, which I happened upon the other day.
                I wouldn't say any of them are cursed, just "interesting"
                This and NFs original reminded me of APL -
                A Write Only Language - Anyone can write it but no one can read it afterwards
                or
                the only language where you can write the world in one line

Hundreds of apparently random symbols on each and every key - looking back it reminds me of various Sci-Fi keyboards (Trek, Independence Day, Stargate etc)

Ahhhhh IBM 3270 keyboards - nostalgia ain't what it used to be

Comment

Barometer update: It's down to 1003 mbar.

Towels in the WM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dactylion View Post

This and NFs original reminded me of APL -
                    A Write Only Language - Anyone can write it but no one can read it afterwards
                    or
                    the only language where you can write the world in one line

Hundreds of apparently random symbols on each and every key - looking back it reminds me of various Sci-Fi keyboards (Trek, Independence Day, Stargate etc)

Ahhhhh IBM 3270 keyboards - nostalgia ain't what it used to be
                    I remember reading about APL in the 1980s, looking at some example code, and thinking "Nope"

Code:
                    Pascal←{0~¨⍨a⌽⊃⌽∊¨0,¨¨a∘!¨a←⌽⍳⍵}

Comment

Bring back the good old days of analogue computers. Hard to hack they were.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X