• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Sunny start out, after a moderately cold night. Currently 6°C with 12° expected later, and the barometers are up some more at 993/1001mB

A good night's sleep was had under the full-strength duvet, even with the small window open to let some fresh air circulate

Comment

Morning all
      CBS, etc, earlier, when Mad Max and I were out on our perambulation.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Oh and I'll have a little 'chury for my troubles too
        Om.

Morning.

Tuesday apparently.

Dry.

Sunny. .

Blue sky.

Chilly in here at 14.5 deg, 12.5 deg in the kitchen, 12 deg in the leanto, 7 deg in the salting house.

1006 mBar, 29.707 in Hg, 754.56 Torr, 14.59 psi, (up from 1002 last night), 71% RH (GDR hair), 60% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 25th of July 2019 NF had M&S battered cod for tea, whereas WTFH had a nice piece of Halibut (with no comment on its suitably for any deity), NF was too hot at 29 deg, whereas I'd closed the windows when it chilled down to 24 deg, while Millie thought there were sounds of distant thunder in the air.

Bedding & cottons in the WM.

It duly gets cloudy.

Out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Sprinkling of rain. .

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the sunshine with sprinkling of rain.

Lunch: baked spud.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about the state of the NHS. Don't get anything serious. .
        Started picking with rain again, the dryish stuff came in, then it pissed down.

Dryish stuff in the TD.

Dryish stuff out of the TD.

Dampish stuff in the TD.

Dampish stuff out of the TD.

Bedsheet in the TD.

Those cottons & the gardening shirt needing iRoning duly iRoned.

Fitted sheet airing over the banisters.

Flat sheet out of the TD & airing over the banisters.

Freecell score: 100%, running average: 86%.

Freecell score: 70%, running average: 86%. I got bored.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: PM <click>.

Entertainment: Wheeler Dealers S7 E2 Ford Sierra Cosworth. MOT expired December 2019. Tinworm presumably.

Marvellous Machines with Tony Robinson on Yesterday. Rather less than marvellous, rather more than tedious.

Scotland Yard E30 "The Unseeing Eye". Bit like the "wot's this ear" in Blue Velvet.

Maigret goes home (1995) S5 E2. The French take on the one where he goes back to his old home on an estate (as in countess rather than council).

Massive engineering mistakes on Quest+1. Grain train derailed & oil train crashes into it in North Dakota near Castleton due to inclusion in an axle. Taiwan bridge collapse, yet again due to something that wasn't inspected & poorly designed in the first place (bucket without a drain hole? WTF?). Kansas City Mi arena roof collapse: combination of weather & incorrect material in the bolts holding up the roof: high tensile steel ain't ductile & tends to fatigue with repeated loading. Sudbury Ontario bridge collapse.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 November 2023, 23:51.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Sunny out with occasional fluffy lumps. Currenly 11 degrees with a high of 12 expected. No rain forecast. Barometer continues upwards to 1008 mBar.

New clientCo are warming up and filling my diary with meetings. Exciting stuff going on. Meanwhile old clientCo continue to remind me why I'm so pleased to be leaving.

Comment

Lunch has been bacon in a Vienna roll

It's still sunny out but the cumuli are accumulating in greater numbers now

Comment

Knocked up a quick sausage and fried egg (runny yolk, of course) bap. Nicely messy. Just finished it in time for the next meeting.

Comment

Ordered some bulbs earlier. Had an email from Thompson & Morgan to say they were doing a special offer, but limited to one per customer of 160 spring flowering bulbs, reduced from £69 to £9.
                Since I've been looking to buy some to put in the grass along a hedge line, I jumped at it. Told The Wife that I had bought them. Forgot to mention that I bought a further 170 bulbs.
                Guess what I'll be doing this weekend.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The flat across the hall has finally come on the market. It's distinctly cheaper than mine was this time last year, because they've put it on at the same price as the one above me. Silly of them, IMHO, because the one upstairs needs a new kitchen and bathroom, whereas the kitchen over the hall is perfectly usable and the bathroom, though it could maybe do with sprucing up a little, is also good to go

Looking at the impressions left in the carpet in the living room photo, I can see that the Pepys expert had fewer bookcases in there than me. Seems odd for an associate professor of English Literature to be living in conditions like that

Comment

Tea has been lamb scouse with a couple of crusts of white bread

Plenty left to go in the freezer too

Comment

Tonight's only telly was an old Police Interceptors whilst dining

Other than that, I read some more of Pax, in which civil war means a rapidly-changing series of emperors

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X