• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Om.

Comment

Morning all

Sunny, dry, blue sky. Currently 14 degrees with a high of 21 expected. Cloud cover set to increase as the day progresses but should remain mostly sunny. Barometer up to 1020 mBar.

Yesterday's tyre shenanigans turned out to just be a valve which Kwik Fit replaced for a mere £5.50. As I was already out and in the car, I then drove down to see Mum. She was in the garden and put me to task helping her with a bit of hedge clipping and mowing the front lawn that hadn't been done since I last did it.

Back to work today.

Comment

Well England's just won on penalties.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Links are finally up

Comment

Lunch today was Heinz oxtail soup with white toast. And tea has been the rest of the Turkish mixed grill & chips from Saturday

Comment

Back to the opal hunters this evening, after what feels like a long hiatus. The usual: equipment failures for some, lucky for others.

After which I started doing a bit of Swift app work, but just got a few bits done before I stumbled across a bit that will take a less tired frame of mind to understand properly (async calls to an Objective-C API)

So I watched a new Police Interceptors instead

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start out again

The truly hot weather hasn't arrived yet though, it being 12°C with an expected high of 19°; but it should be warmer tomorrow, and distinctly hot on Thursday with 26° predicted. The barometers today are down a bit though at 1003/1011mB

Comment

Morning.

Tuesday.

Wet. Very wet. The kind of wet generated by that very fine very very wet drizzly type wet.

Grey.

Sunless.

Cool in here at 18.8 deg, 20.5 deg in the kitchen, 18.5 deg in the leanto.

1010 mBar, 29.825 in Hg, 757.56 Torr, 14.65 psi, (down from 1014 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 72% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 2nd of July 2019 it was not, there were irritating oiks in the library attempting to access email, and I had two chicken Kievs for tea, having found them at the back of the fridge.

Sun came out very wanly.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, a red pippy corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: something on R4 waffling on about some architect or other.

Someone next door scraping away at something not far from the party wall.

Sun's gone: it's raining again.

Freecell score: 95%, running average: 86% (85.552%).

Entertainment: Trucking Hell S3 E12. Oh good. More Michael. .

Tea: soup with Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed bread, a yog, the last of the peach slices, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Colonel March of Scotland Yard: The silver curtain.

Scotland Yard (1956) "Destination Death". More of Edgar Lustgarten. And Roger Delgado.

The Four Just Men 1959 "The Judge". Watched it before.

Dick Barton Special Agent. Made by Southern TV when that was a thing.

And now we're off to the Bavarian Alps to look at The Eagle's Nest.

The Human Jungle (1965) "Solo Performance".

Maigret on trial 1993.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 August 2023, 18:55.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

A cool, but reasonably bright start to the day with patchy cloud cover. Hopeful for a bright afternoon.

Watched a gentle, if somewhat melancholy, tale called "Living" on Amazon Prime last night... old man reflects upon a life not lived in his final months. Followed up with a couple of episodes of "Unforgettable" to lighten the mood. Series 2 isn't much better that the first and the sameness is beginning to grate a bit, but I shall endure.

One week until the boy goes back to school.
                    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Morning all

Dull, damp, overcast. Very fine rain falling and expected to do so all day. Currently 14 degrees with a high of 18 expected. Barometer down to 1017 mBar.

First day back at work wasn't too bad yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                      X