• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah. Leg End. The one without Tom Cruise or zombies. I haven't watched either.

Morning.

Sunday.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky in parts.

Cool in here at 18.9 deg, 20 deg in the kitchen, 18 in the leanto.

1014 mBar, 29.94 in Hg, 760.56 Torr, 14.71 psi, (up from 1011 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 74% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 2nd of July 2019 Xogg got up early due to clock problems, covbob was at home due to post service car warning light problems, Diver had a big breakfast before taking the motorhome to the garage for the installation of airbags, WTFH was in that Glasgow, and NF remarked on the weather being slightly cooler.

The night's dreams seemed to involve fixing some piece of electronicky gubbins or other, at long & tedious length, presumably at Ye Newe (or Olde) Sloughe of Desponde.

Lunch: baked potatoes with cheese & baked beans, a red pippy corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of extremely stale bread as extracted from the freezer some days ago, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: The Infinite Monkey Cage S10 "Can science save us" with Eric Idle & Stephen Fry.

Freecell score: 89%, running average: 86% (85.525%).

Entertainment: NZ Highway Cops S4 E3 & E4. More NZ lunacy. And the odd fight in a car park.

NZ Motorway Patrol S15 E3 & E4. Nice fish. Not sure why anyone would stop in a motorway tunnel, walk about, change drivers, drive on, stop on off ramp, get out, wander around. The plod were baffled too.

Tea: soup with rice & more stale bread, a yog, some peach slices, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Joy of Painting. strong in this one.

Joy of Painting.

NASA unexplained files: Apollo Soyuz: Apollo capsule fills with nitrogen tetroxide during the return from the mission: due to a switch that didn't get flipped.

The disappearance of Dr Ron Lee after working in Septicland for 20 years.

Apollo 8: "smoke" observed on the farside: "bonfire"/"camp fire" according to recordings from the CM at the time.

White dwarf star with unusual level of "metals" on its surface: it's eating its planets.

Green fireballs at Roswell 1949: unexplained.

The Space Elevator on Mars. Put there by the Monolith Aliens of course.

A spy amongst friends E5: Snow. Stone me, I must be getting old, but this seems remarkably complex. The old Hollis theory again?

Asteroid Rush on PBS. Cue Bruce Willis.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 August 2023, 21:58.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Overcast with flecks of grey. Dry but a damp feel. Currently 17 degrees with a high of 18 expected. The sun may make an appearance this afternoon. Barometer up to 1017 mBar

I was intending to visit Mum today. However, on checking the tyre pressures, the nearside rear was almost flat! As I don't know the cause, I will be taking. It to a garage rather than driving down to Sussex.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Rather on the Simpsonesque side out today, though remaining comparatively cool for August at 17°C, with an expected high of 18°C; the barometers are back up again at 1005/1013mB

Comment

Lunch: breakfast! A nice medium-sized fry-up

Comment

Loony dancing at local music thing with loony lady 3 earlier. Back home now with me little puppet parrot.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Tea has been oniony chicken casserole with chips and peas, which was very tasty

Comment

The usual US border and NZ roads policing stuff was on earlier, the latter being firmly into "seen this before" territory. And later, the Ohio 911 dispatchers were quite interesting as usual, in addition to not being a repeat. Finally, a new and then an old 24 Hours in A&E

In the midst of all this, I got the mundane laundry done too

Back to work tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Monday.

Awake at 04:10 following a post nuclear apocalypse dream that included a flightworthy Vulcan bomber.

Dry.

Blue sky in parts.

Sunny.

Cool in here at 18.4 deg, 20 deg in the kitchen, 17 deg in the leanto, 13.8 deg in the saltinghouse.

1016.5 mBar, 30.02 in Hg, 762.44 Torr, 14.74 psi, (unchanged), 75% RH (GDR hair), 72% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 2nd of July 2019 Xogg was up early because he'd set the clock wrong after a power cut.

Telex machine glowing particularly brightly at stupid o'clock.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried washed dried & put away. 34 out, 38 back.

Lunch: scrambled egg & poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of less toasted toast, red corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: R4 prog about Eyerack & Bliar's, er, lies, plus the total lack of any plan.

Freecell score: 80%, running average: 86% (85.525%). Not in the zone today.

Entertainment: Trucking Hell S3 E something or other. Michael from Lantern makes his first appearance.

Tea: chicken in white sauce with rice n peas, a yog, some peach slices, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

8.25 buckets of apples consigned to the compost heap. So that's 49.5 buckets so far this year. About half last year's total though there's a fair few still to collect.

Joy of Painting. . pretty strong in this one since I've been awake since 04:10. Black canvas, tape surround, pine forest with stream.

Joy of Painting. Seascape. .

Freecell score: 95%, running average: 86% (85.525%).

Possibly "Secrets in the Sky: skunkworks". Though I've watched it before.

Let's face it, the SR71 doesn't compare with a steam driven aeroplane that you can reverse the engine on.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 August 2023, 22:14.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start out, but turning cloudy; sunnier spells are expected throughout the day though. Pretty mild at 13°C with a high of 19°; it seems it'll get warmer later in the week but then immediately get cooler again. The barometers are definitely trending upwards now, at 1008/1016mB

Comment

Om.

Comment

Working...
                      X