• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Blue sky with chunks of fluff. Currently 18 degrees with a high of 23 expected. Barometer up to 1016 mBar.

Bored.

Rejected an inside role yesterday that I'd been contemplating and now the recruiter is chasing me. There's a first.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Rejected an inside role yesterday that I'd been contemplating and now the recruiter is chasing me. There's a first.
      Tough times in recruitment: AMS binned a load yesterday with more put on "at risk". Every lead counts.

Good luck in your job hunt.

---

Former member of IPSE.

---
      Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

A bright start to the day following yesterdays eventual scorcher. It certainly lifts one's mood... though that could also be the fact that the boy goes back to school tomorrow.

I have a second interview tomorrow. I've not had one of those before in 25 years of contracting, so I'm not sure what to expect. Could be good; could be bad... time will tell.
        ---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I'm putting 2 and 2 together here - but for any inside role, the consultancy / agency needs to be taking all the risk regarding payment...

Expecting an umbrella to take the risk that the end client won't pay is well beyond fair game...
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

I'm putting 2 and 2 together here - but for any inside role, the consultancy / agency needs to be taking all the risk regarding payment...

Expecting an umbrella to take the risk that the end client won't pay is well beyond fair game...
            Not sure what it is. Will find out when they call me back.

Essentially, the rate would work out to be a notable take-home pay cut plus I'd end up paying twice for my OU student loan, and I can't be bothered to deal with that.

Originally posted by wattaj View Post

Good luck in your job hunt.

Thanks! Good luck with yours, too

Comment

A bright start to the day following yesterdays eventual scorcher. It certainly lifts one's mood... though that could also be the fact that the boy goes back to school tomorrow.
              Oh you are in Scotland....

I have a second interview tomorrow. I've not had one of those before in 25 years of contracting, so I'm not sure what to expect. Could be good; could be bad... time will tell.
              Good luck.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I did some Yoga this morning.

I fell over.

Don't understand it - it is just stretches and breathing but I fall over if it is called Yoga.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Lunch has been kebab leftovers from Saturday

I went to get a glass of water while that was warming up, and the water was trickling very slowly. Now, it's off completely

Severn Trent claim to be "on the way" as it's the entire area affected. Hope they sort it out soon

And this morning, something funny was going on with the lift - it kept going back and forth (well, up and down) very short distances, without the doors ever opening. I'm hoping it was the annual lift maintenance that we all pay for according to the management fee accounts. If there's a problem with it, and then I have to go out and buy a load of bottled water and carry it up the stairs, I won't be impressed

Comment

It's going to be another scorcher.

The boys baked some cherry rock cakes for his school snacks. And very tasty they are as well... I'm still convinced that he's using this new found love of baking to increase his sugar intake... it's just as well I reduced the amounts when copying out the recipes when he was younger.

I seem to be at a bit of a loose end. Could be a long afternoon.

---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

I seem to be at a bit of a loose end. Could be a long afternoon.

Problem solved: https://www.retrogames.cz/play_526-DOS.php?language=EN
                      ---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

Working...
                      X