• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Realised at 2.50 pm that I'd not had lunch, so a cheese and mushroom omelette was made and eaten. Then I sat on the sofa for a bit listening to the screaming of the children going home from the primary school opposite before grudgingly making my way back up to my office.

Comment

Lunch was going to be hastily crammed in between meetings, but one of them turned out much shorter because it was about going over what remains of the Kanban board, and everybody's still in the middle of finishing things off so there wasn't much point doing that

So it was a slightly more relaxed beef bap (wholemeal) with a bag of plain crisps

Then I had the meeting with the guy in charge of the new team/project. Very interesting, it turns out, and most importantly, he has a relaxed attitude to me taking some time off in the immediate future

Comment

Tea: sausages (the oniony ones) with chips and beans

Been quite an oniony few days: casserole, burger, now sausages

And delivered a little after six: Emily Wilson's new translation of "The Iliad"

Dunno if that has any onions in it

Comment

The opal hunters once again had wildly varying fortunes. Happens a lot, that

And later, the final episode of Rise of the Nazis about the ongoing work of Nazi hunting into the 1980s, ending with Klaus Barbie being packed off to France to stand trial

Early night now as if I can just get through Thursday, there's a good chance Friday will follow

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

I only realised when I went to bed how windy it was last night - the small window was open and the blind was rattling fit to bust

But it's calmed down a lot this morning, with just a slight shimmy on the conifers. Very grey too, but dry. It's 13°C currently and not getting any higher than 17°, chance of rain this evening, and the barometers are down to 1000/1008mB

I had a very good night's sleep, though the ending was ruined when I awoke and was looking forward to knocking off for the weekend, until my mental processes had got far enough through the startup sequence to realise that it's Thursday today, not Friday

Comment

Morning.

Thursday.

Damply dry. Picking a bit.

Grey.

Sunless.

Cool in here at 18.2 deg, 19.5 deg in the kitchen, 17.5 deg in the leanto.

1007.5 mBar, 29.75 in Hg, 755.687 Torr, 14.6 psi, (up from 1004 last night), 77% RH (GDR hair), 78% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 15th of July 2019 NF had pate on wholemeal toast for lunch.

Walk (abbreviated) walked followed by a shopping trip to Lidl (who didn't have the one thing I'd gone there for) followed by Morrisons (who did have what I went there for).

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: Sliced Bread: single use vapes. TWATO. Hannah Fry waffling on about maths again.

And this:

https://news.sky.com/story/sycamore-...elled-12971594

WTF is wrong with people? (says the chap who's about to cut down an apple tree & a pear tree).

Trip to The Other Lidl within walking distance, no sign of the missing item there.

Tea: chilli con carne etc. Last portion. Make more on Saturday.

Entertainment: PM.

JoP. JoP.

Classic Movies: "Ran".

Skin A&E. (Assuming that Trucking Hell is a repeat). It is, but I'll watch it anyway. Or not as the case may be. .

Wheeler Dealers S17 Part II E4 BMW 335i estate into an M3 estate. Subtitles so I don't have to listen to The Tub o'Lard.

Skin A&E on 5 or something.

Just discovered that the plasterboard "ceiling" in the outside bog has collapsed. There's nowt between the bog & the sky apart from the slates.

I suppose I'll have to do sommat about it when I get a round tuit.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 September 2023, 20:59.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Dull and windy but my weather app says it's only partly cloudy. Currently 17 degrees with a high of 19 expected. Some showers due this evening. Barometer down to 1015 mBar.

Two days then a week off. Not counting down at all. Honest.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  I only realised when I went to bed how windy it was last night - the small window was open and the blind was rattling fit to bust
                  Nothing to do with all those onions?

Comment

And while I'm here

Comment

I'll pick up a little zen

Comment

Working...
                      X