• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This afternoon saw the usual US border stuff, followed by the NZ police, the latter having already been on in recent memory. So I spent some time mucking around with SwiftData and reading docs about it and so forth.

Tea was fairly late and not very big, as the Scotch broth is very filling: ham toasties, because the ham Needed to be Eaten ™

And then an old episode of 24 Hours in A&E

And in among all that excitement, I started reading A Wrinkle in the Skin by John Christopher, as I thought The Death of Grass was very good so I figured I'd try some more of his stuff. It's about civilisation being upended (quite literally in some cases) by a wave of massive earthquakes around the globe, but the story is kept human in scale by being about a guy who lives on Guernsey. It's very good - I'm about a third of the way through it already and would happily carry on reading now except it's Monday tomorrow, the way it so often is

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all, Doha calling, local time 0702

Sunny. Currently 30 degrees ('feels like' 37) with a high of 38.

Arrived late last night, had a good sleep in the airport hotel and are in the Northern extension area in the lounge awaiting our flight to Amsterdam. Boarding starts in 25 mins.

Comment

Morning denizens

Cloudy but mild again today; currently 15°C with 22° due later, though the barometers are down a little at 1010/1017mB

Comment

Morning.

Monday. .

Dry.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Grey.

Sunless.

Cool in here at 18.3 deg, 20 deg in the kitchen, 17 deg in the leanto.

1018 mBar, 30.06 in Hg, 753.56 Torr, 14.764 psi, (down from 1019 last night), 77% RH (GDR hair), 75% RH (Lidl electric).

Telex machine glowing particularly brightly after the porridge boiled over. .

Meanwhile on the 17th of July 2019 there was a prospective TPD booking of a coach for the grave urination expedition, meanwhile the Beeb were waffling on about The Next Plague, in this case a proper one, being ebola. It went <click>.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried, sanitised & put away. 34 out 4 back.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about telephones.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in shirtsleeves due to the unbearable sunshine.

6 lawns duly mown.

The Back(tm) finally cooperated sufficiently that I could wash my hair in the handbasin, which was good, and thereafter risk a shower, which was double plus good.

Even managed to be flexible enough to cut my toenails. .

Tea: chicken in white sauce etc.

Entertainment: PM with someone calling for the extinction of Israel. It managed to appal the useless interviewer.

Jop . Jop.

Book.

The thing on BBC2 about Britain.

Book.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 October 2023, 21:35.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Lunch: roast beef bap (wholemeal)

Comment

Accompanied by a bag of plain crisps

Comment

I was going to have a fish finger bap.

Comment

But when I went to get the fish fingers out of the freezer, there weren't any

Comment

I was sure there were some left

Comment

Working...
                      X