• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All laundry done, dried outside on the line, taken in and put away. Achievement unlocked!

Other than that, have done naff all.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Other than that, have done naff all.
      An even greater achievement!

Comment

Tea was Turkish leftovers from Saturday night

The opal hunters did reasonably well.

After that, S1E3 of Secrets of the London Underground featured hidden parts of Piccadilly Circus, and the long abandoned Highgate High Level station, along with a too-brief segment on the Johnston typeface

And finally, I finished John Christopher's A Wrinkle in the Skin. Very good as these things go

Getting rather windy out

Early night now; I still have vague hopes of getting enough stuff done this week to be able to take some time off next week. The problem is that a lot of what needs to be done can't actually be done until other people have approved or confirmed or arranged stuff, and so on; I can get everything as ready as possible, but there'll still be bits of that sort of stuff holding me up

Goodnight all

Comment

Just watching the reckoning steve Coogan is feckin brilliant just the right amount of sleaze!
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Morning denizens

Gloomy rainy start out today. Mild enough at 17°C rising to 19° later; the barometers are down some more at 998/1006mB. I see it'll start getting colder, particularly at night, from now on

Comment

Morning.

Wednesday. And what is Wednesday? Flu jab day.

Dark. Very dark.

Dank. As dank as a dank thing.

Grey. As grey as a :'s arse sort of grey.

Sunless.

Wet.

Drizzly.

Cool in here at 18.8 deg, 20.5 deg in the kitchen, 18 deg in the leanto.

1008 mBar, 29.766 in Hg, 756.06 Torr, 14.6198 psi, (down from 1010 last night), 78% RH (GDR hair), 79% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 17th of July 2019 there was further discussion of the Moon Landings (fake of course since "we" couldn't even make Pong at the time) contrasted with core rope memory, core memory, Vasquez Rocks, that chap, and more bollox on Blaze.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about scams on FB market place.

Flu Jab duly jabbed.

Walk (abbreviated) walked: dry for 2/3rds, wet for the remainder.

Tea: chicken in white sauce etc.

Entertainment: PM <click>.

JoP JoP

The WWWC waffling on about something. Discovering John Mills. Longing for that ice cold beer in Alex.

Stranger Things. "Snow" in July in Tennessee, patron state of shootin' stuff. Lake on a golf course suddenly erupts with geysers of gas: methane fountains. "Something" eats the head off a shark. Funny lights in Texas. Hell, they've all got guns, even the flower arrangers.

Abandoned Engineering if it's not something I've seen a dozen times before. I had. The bridges one.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 October 2023, 22:18.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Overcast, dull. Bit of a breeze. Currently 18 degrees with a high of 21 expected. Some rain forecast for this evening. Barometer down to 1014 mBar.

Back at the coal face this morning. Was grumpy within half an hour of logging on.

Comment

Morning all

Overcast, dull. Bit of a breeze. Currently 18 degrees with a high of 21 expected. Some rain forecast for this evening. Barometer down to 1014 mBar.

Back at the coal face this morning. Was grumpy within half an hour of logging on.
                  You managed 30 minutes got to say well done. When I last returned from holiday I lasted 30 seconds as I read the first message and discovered someone had ignored my advice and had then utterly f**** things well and truly up...

That's happened for both of my last holidays - the previous one actualy created 1 man week of work because I had to undo all their "fixes" before actually fixing the issue.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Boooomed!

New contract agreed in principle. Just the paperwork to be contending with.

Comment

Boooomed!

New contract agreed in principle. Just the paperwork to be contending with.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X