• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Gloomy, damp, grey morning after a lot of overnight wind and rain; still breezy now judging by the shimmy on the trees, but the rain's taking a break though due back later. Quite mild though, being 17°C already with an expected high of 18°. The barometers are proper down, at 984/991mB

I kept half-waking through the night, which may have been wind and rain disturbing me, but I'm also wondering if it was getting slightly chilly in there, the small window being open

Comment

Morning all

Dull, windy, wet. Much rain. Currently 18 degrees with a high of 19 expected. Rain forecast off and on all day, with a potential break for a glimpse of sunshine early afternoon. Barometer down to 1002 mBar.

My landlady wants to do an inspection of the house as it's coming up to our 18 month break clause period.

Comment

Morning.

Friday.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Drizzly.

Windy.

Sunless.

Cool in here at 18.9 deg, 20 deg in the kitchen, 18 deg in the leanto.

995 mBar, 29.38 in Hg, 746.3 Torr, 14.43 psi, (down from 1002.5 last night), 77% RH (GDR hair), 74% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 18th of July 2019, in that long ago time before the plague, the consigning of the apples to the compost heap had begun for yet another year, beans on toast were had for lunch, PhilTheGreek had soup, and norrahe paid a visit.

Freecell score: 70%, running average: 86%.

Freecell score: 90%, running average: 86%.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: The Big Lebowski thing on R4. TWATO.

Freecell score in the ongoing deluge: 95%, running average: 86% (85.77%).

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: PM <click>

Dial 999 E15 "Ghost Squad" from last week. It's not on this week. Or next week.

JoP. JoP. zero

Ghosts. E2.

Strangest things on Blaze: The hat of teeth: probably tooth puller related. The killer shockbox: Milgrom. The Amazonian Quiver: just boring.

What on Earth? more sat pictures: Goliath of Gath. New oil field visible from space in the Dakotas. Funny green blob in Chile. Cinema in the Egyptian desert constructed by some mad French guy. Oh, and something odd in Nova Scotia.

Swedish Customs thing on Quest+1. Some danish nutter taking stale bread & empty beer cans to Sweden. It doesn't look as if it's going to end well as he failed a breath test and had left his driving license in Denmark. That's "left" as in banned. And under the stale bread & empty cans: a shedload of undeclared booze: result: 30,000kr fine. No animals were killed in this one but a shedload of Thai undeclared food was confiscated along with some Ayahuasca leaves.

Then again, nothing much compared with the tons of frog fat confiscated in Oz.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 October 2023, 19:27.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The clouds have cleared (just some wispy stuff around) and the sun has come out earlier than forecast. More rain still expected early evening.

Comment

Been raining frequently since mid-morning, and absolutely teeming down now

I almost didn't have time for lunch, getting some documents generated ahead of a meeting this afternoon, but managed to squeeze it in: pork and apple sauce bap (wholemeal) with a bag of plain crisps

There's a lot of mushrooms growing on the lawn. Rather big things, beige with flat white tops. No idea what kind or if they're edible

Comment

Clouding over here and the wind is up.

End date of contract confirmed. Now to convince current client they really don't need me full time for the full 4 weeks of the notice period and they can let me do part time in the last two weeks so I can start the new gig early.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                There's a lot of mushrooms growing on the lawn. Rather big things, beige with flat white tops. No idea what kind or if they're edible
                They're all edible. The real question is "will it kill me?".
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tea has been roast gammon with chips, fried eggs and beans

The opal hunters featured tonight were all at the ends of their seasons, and all managed to make big finds at the last minute, though only one lot reached their season target, and they owe about half of that to a guy who loaned them money for equipment

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

They're all edible. The real question is "will it kill me?".
                    Good point

From a cursory Google, it seems like these are either ones that don't kill you and are nice to eat, or very similar ones that taste like disinfectant and might not actually kill you but will have unpleasant effects. But I don't really like mushrooms anyway, so I'm safe

Comment

Spent a lot of time this morning repairing a toilet seat. Can life get any more exciting??
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X