• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attended the party celebrating the life of Niggi Widmer. He died a few weeks ago aged 59. Far too young.

A 20 year+ stalwart of the Basel English Panto Group. A Basler born and bred, a lifelong fan of FCB and heavy metal, as director, my wife and I made him act in Zürich colours and sing Wannabe and Britney Spear's "Hit me baby one more time".

We regret nothing.

Stay healthy all.

Oh - it's cold here again. 18°C and rainy.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Breakfast, dinner and tea all in one: a lovely big fry-up

Comment

I turned up at my Mum's to help with the garage emptying to find my brother already there and the skip nearly full. Turns out he'd done a load yesterday and then continued today. There wasn't all that much left! The garage is in a great shape now with only decent tools left and the collection of pipe offcuts, spare tiles from three houses ago and gone off paint all disposed of.

An old bike that is serviceable but which Mum will never ride, was left out the front for anyone passing to take away and it duly disappeared. My brother noticed that someone had rummaged in the skip over night and is hoping they do the same again this evening and takes away some stuff so we can fit a bit more in. I had rather underestimated the amount of crap my Dad had hoarded in the garage!

Comment

I was amazed at the amount of glass from old greenhouses that had accumulated in my Dad's garage.

My garage is even fuller of accumulated junk than his was, mostly because much of next door's loft ended up in there, along with books from the bookcase.

And here's a dead link:

https://transdiffusion.org/emc/halcy...0s/rentals.php

so as I can find it again should the fancy take me.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 August 2023, 21:09.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Today saw the usual stuff about US borders and NZ roads.

Then later, the new series of Ambulance has started so it was E1 of that, followed by several old episodes of 24 Hours in A&E. It still amuses me when they put warnings at the start like "Contains scenes of medical trauma". Yes, I kind of assumed that it would given the nature of accident and emergency departments, and that's exactly why I chose to watch it

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Monday.

Grey.

Blue sky in parts.

Sunless.

Damp.

Cool in here at 18.9 deg, 20 deg in the kitchen, 18 deg in the leanto.

1011.5 mBar, 29.869 in Hg, 758.69 Torr, 14.671 psi, (up from 1009.5 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 72% RH (Lidl electric).

Quite florid dreams overnight, all of which I've forgotten, happily enough. I think there was work in there somewhere.

Telex machine glowing pretty brightly.

Meanwhile on the 4th of July 2019 I was potching about with ancient MFM hard disks (one dead, the other nearly so), Diver congratulated Brillo on a MillenniOm, NF was contemplating a haircut, LM was thinking of leaving the office, and covbob's apnea treatment was improving things for him.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato (one of which was rather odd so chopped in half) on toasted crust, a red pippy corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: a fruitless search for a thread on Transdiffusion that I posted on a decade ago. It was there 6 months ago but the thread seems to have gone now.

Freecell score: 95%, running average: 86% (85.6%).

Tea: a curiously unpleasant tin of (green) pea soup with bread (hope there's no more of that in the stash), a yog, some peach slices, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Ancient Aliens bollox about MJ12, James Forrestal's and JFK's assassination by same, the lune who seems to think that the Manhattan Project started in 1935, secret bases on the Moon & Mars, and a fine assortment of other lunes including some of our very own home grown lunes who were lucky not to get extradited for hacking NASA.

Joy of Painting. with being very strong in this one.

Joy of Painting. not so

Ghosts US: the infeckingevitable Xmas ep.

Feck all else to watch. Read book instead.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 August 2023, 20:27.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Patchy cloud, sunny spells, bit of a breeze, and so on out there today. Currently 15°C and not getting any warmer than 19°, while the barometers are up a little more at 1003/1011mB

Comment

Morning all

A bit on the dull and overcast side today. Currently 17 degrees with a high of 21 forecast. No rain expected and the cloud cover might lift. Barometer up to 1015 mBar.

I contemplated working today but decided not to bother. Instead I have had a nice lie in and will plant some cyclamen out that I picked up yesterday when I took Mum to the big Tesco. I had a flurry of tidying up activity out the front when I got home yesterday evening making the path and driveway look a lot more respectable.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Lunch: chicken and barley soup with a bit of wholemeal

Comment

Working...
                      X