• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Sainsbury's has been gone to, and a plethora of shopping acquired

Number of other people wearing masks: greater than zero; not by much, but still

I went there via the route past the old flat, so can report that the chestnut tree is still in fine fettle

And coming back via the alternative route, I finally registered the fact that the place people are often turning into and out of about halfway back is an Aldi. I should probably try going there some time, as many people speak highly of them but I've never been to one

Comment

Lunch has been a cold chicken leg, with the thigh meat taken off and stuffed in a white bap, and the drumstick guzzled off the bone as nature intended; all accompanied by a bag of plain crisps

Comment

I am pleased to report that I have achieved something today: mowing the lawn.

Comment

Teapot activated

Comment

I am an idiot. Or old. Or both. But now very glad that I have been able to recover from a fat-fingered banking error.
            ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
            Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Tea: spag bol. Well tasty, thanks to my ludicrously excessive use of spices when making it

Comment

No premiere tonight, as I shall be watching the new John Wick film this weekend so thought I'd better remind myself of the Story So Far. Thus, I watched John Wick (2014) and John Wick: Chapter 2 (2017) both of which are, of course, jolly good

Time for bed now as I'm travelling south tomorrow to see my Dad and, if he feels like it, take him out somewhere; possibly just the café in the park round the corner for coffee and cake, but we'll have to see

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Saturday.

Grey.

Wanly sunny.

Damp.

Cool in here at 19.3 deg, 20.5 deg in the kitchen, 18 deg in the leanto.

1004 mBar, 29.648 in Hg, 753.1 Torr, 14.56 psi, (down from 1005 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 70% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 4th of July 2019 a century of posts was posted. Otherwise nothing much.

Getting nginx server errors again.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, a red corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: more of The Infinite Monkey Cage: General Relativity Part One & a bit of Part Two.

The rain put me off going shopping this morning so I went this afternoon & it rained on me.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Despite the overwhelming feeling of I can't be arsed, the next batches of Bol and chilli con carne duly prepared and portioned up.

It's hammered down on & off, but now the sun's out again.

Entertainment: "The Small Back Room (1949)" being a Powell & Pressburger offering about EOD in 1943 (though they didn't call it that back then). Leading man is an alcoholic who's lost a foot. The Nazi nasties are dropping oddly constructed bombs. With cunning fuzes. The bastards. That's another job I couldn't do.

Tea: spag with the latest example of bol: disappointing, maybe the rest will improve after a sojourn in the freezer but I'm not counting on it, the remainder of the pear halves to make up for it, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Am Dro: watched this one before: it's the one where one of the chaps finds his crocodile skin shoes don't serve well in a muddy field, goes arse over tit, & ends up injured, so drops out.

Maigret (1961) S2 E7: "The Golden Fleece". The BBC version. Short, sweet & to the point. Not set in the 1930s as was the 1992 French version.

The Four Just Men "The Heritage". Shades of "Hennessy" in this one. . Stone me. What can one say? How many have died in that war since then? 3,720 apparently, with 47,541 injuries, and 36,923 shootings.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 September 2023, 10:28.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

You have some funny bed times Fizzy Knickers.

Loony lady 1 later. Very long footpath inspection yesterday, me feet hurting on walk back. Now got to put report together. Yawn. Still, less boring than doing company accounts which have to be submtted soon.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning denizens

Cloudy out, though I don't think there's been any rain. There's various times when there's a 20% chance of some later in the day though, and a thunderstorm warning until this evening. The barometers are very slightly down at 993/1005mB

Overnight, chicken soup was going through its first stage of becoming in the slow cooker. While my coffee was brewing, I did the needful to get it to the second and final stage of becoming chicken and barley soup. Not sure whether to leave the slow cooker turned on when I head south later, or turn it off and just let it continue to cook during the gradual cooling process. I think the latter will be all that's needed, as I normally give it about four hours, so it'll have two hours plus several hours effectively still cooking until it cools down enough to stop the reactions

Comment

Working...
                      X