• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wet and humid night. Wet and humid morning. Bodes ill for the rest of the day.

Tetris continues to frustrate my idle hours. Really need to sort out a game controller for the PC.

Two young foxes in the garden last evening. Likely a couple of siblings. The dog's not happy about it though; he keeps racing around looking for them long after they've trundled off somewhere else.

Looking forward to a quiet day... we'll see how that pans out.

Laters.

---

Former member of IPSE.

---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Lunch: a roast beef bap (wholemeal)

Comment

So because I've been at end client 48 weeks I need to move to AMS from the original agency.

Can I just say there are multiple errors in AMS's documentation some of which is just about on the dodgy side of legal if I'm being generous.

For example why does the KID actual use a fee of £100 a day when anyone earning under £250 is automatically PAYE via Giant's PEO..
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Work done, and Amazon had just delivered a book. Sadly, it wasn't the driver who comes up and leaves things at our doors, so I had to pop down for it. There was also a parcel for my neighbour, so I brought it up to leave at her door, but she was just opening the door as I got back up here so I was able to hand it to her.

Turns out she's moving out in a couple of weeks

Not sure what she's doing with the flat. Maybe she's going to try and get away with letting it out, even though that's forbidden by the lease. Ah well, if she does and the tenant is a dick, I'll be able to get rid of them easily by grassing her up

Though I suppose it's even possible that she herself is renting. If so, the owner will have to put it on the market or risk the wrath of the freeholder.

Anyway, it means that I'll no longer have one of the world's leading experts on Pepys' Diary just across the hall, which is a shame as you never know when you'll need to consult one of those

Comment

Work was what it was.

I spent a couple of hours updating my travel blog with drivel about my travels. Still have a couple of posts to make to wrap up the US trip.

Noticed that there's been a couple of new episodes of The Repair Shop, so am watching those.

Comment

Tea was ribs and chips

The opal hunters were happy enough again this evening.

And then Secrets of the London Underground was poking around Shepherd's Bush and Elephant & Castle, as well as some stuff about women Tube drivers and art exhibitions in stations

Goodnight all

Comment

I keep forgetting to catch up on Secrets of the Underground. Thanks for the reminder!

Comment

Morning denizens

Cloudy start out, though examining the cloud as it recedes to the horizon, it seems to be structured a little like puff pastry, with narrow gaps between layers where the occasional glimmer of sunshine can get in, at least while the sun is comparatively low. It's getting milder as we move towards the Bank Holiday weekend: currently 14°C with an expected high of 22°, and the barometers are a teensy bit up at 1009/1016mB

Comment

Morning.

Wednesday.

Damp.

Grey.

Wanly sunny.

Cool in here at 20.7 deg, 22 deg in the kitchen, 20 deg in the leanto.

1015 mBar, (down from 1015 & half a tad last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 76% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 4th of July 2019 there appeared to be little of innerest.

Minor potching in the garage sorting out some tv manuals to either consign to paper rec or put on the vintage radio site & then consign to paper rec, plus a VW Passat manual to gift to Oxfam. I'm sure they'll be grateful.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower & spelt toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, red corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about energy prices, wheelchair access to wedding venues & the price of sugar.

Shedload of RadComs duly sorted out & added to the pile of paper rec. Extracted the very few pages of innerest & binned the remainder. Dunno why I bothered since I'll never look at said pages again. The previous collection met the recycling some years ago.

Freecell score in the afternoon sunshine: 92%, running average: 86%.

Tea: chicken in white sauce with rice n peas, some apricot halves, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Joy of Painting. .

Joy of Painting. .

Ghosts US S2 E5 & E6.

The Bad Skin Clinic S4 E3. Probable repeat: Weird or What with the WWWC instead.

The 1970s Supermarket.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 August 2023, 20:31.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky with high level wispy stuff. Currently 21 degrees with a high of 25 expected. Barometer remains steady at 1022 mBar.

My desk is dusty. I may give it a clean.

Comment

Working...
                      X