• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch has been sardine toasties (olive oil variety)

Sunny and Simpsonesque out now

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      I keep forgetting to catch up on Secrets of the Underground. Thanks for the reminder!
      Only one or two left in this series, I think

Comment

According to Flightradar24, Progizhin's jet's transponder last transponded at 28,000 feet

Comment

Tea: chunky breaded haddock with chips and beans

I was going to have spag bol but then I remembered the beans had been in the fridge for a few days, so I figured I'd better have them before they went mouldy

Comment

Not good week. Nice lady I used to spend time with died two days ago, my sister in law died a few days before and now my bro is in hospital and unlikely to come out. In US so can't really visit. Hardly knew him TBH but making me bit sad all the same.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Not good week. Nice lady I used to spend time with died two days ago, my sister in law died a few days before and now my bro is in hospital and unlikely to come out. In US so can't really visit. Hardly knew him TBH but making me bit sad all the same.
              <- manly

Comment

This evening's opal hunters were, once again, achieving sufficient but unspectacular results

And later, a few of those motorway cops plus dashcam footage programmes, which at least gets me on to the current series

Just got to get through tomorrow and I have five days off!

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Cloudy start out, but still quite warm: already at 17°C with a high of 22° this afternoon. The barometers are trending downwards like a Russian mutineer's private jet at 1001/1009mB

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    <- Manly. Sorry to hear that, xogg.

Morning.

Thursday apparently.

Dry.

Dark.

Grey.

Sunless.

Cool in here at 20.6 deg, 22 deg in the kitchen, 20 deg in the leanto.

1008 mBar, 29.76622 in Hg, 756.1 Torr, 14.62 psi, (down from 1011 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 74% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 4th of July 2019 covbob was "W"FH and not much else transpired.

The waste disposal and recycling engineers made their merry way along the road earlier.

Receptacles brought back in.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Shirts in the WM.

Shirts out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Cottons in the WM.

Freecell score: 100% (of 18), running average: 86%.

Freecell score: 67% (of 3), running average: 86%. One of those tricky ones then I gave up.

Cottons out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, a red corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about making roads out of plastic waste.

The Infinite Monkey Cage S12 US tour: San Francisco. Go ahead, make my day as no one said.

Shirts in off the line & roughly iRoned, now residing upstairs quietly airing.

Socks in off the line & airing upstairs.

Was getting a nginx 504 error earlier.

Cottons in off the line & those requiring the iRon duly iRoned.

Tea: the final portion of chilli con carne with rice, some pear halves, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: The Infinite Monkey Cage: Speed. (no, not blue crystal meth). PM.

The Unexplained with the WWWC: the Ark of the Covenant. Which also got a mention in the last 10 minutes of Ancient Aliens preceding it, along with Oak Island.

Joy of Painting. . very strong in this one: dock with quay, buildings & a boat.

Joy of Painting. Odd one with liquid black around 3/4 of the canvas & liquid white in the remainder. A waterfall of sorts.

Ghosts US S2 E7 (the film unit one) & E8 (the speakeasy in the vault one).

Trucking Hell S7 S6 E6. Yup. Repeat.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 August 2023, 08:47.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Om
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X