• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch has been roast pork and apple sauce in a wholemeal bap

There's a letter in the post from the council, telling me I've overpaid on the Council Tax and am entitled to a refund. It took ages to get it sorted out in the first place, what with them losing a form, and confusion caused by the fact that I still rented the old flat (on which the full year had been paid up) for a while after I bought this place. Once the dust had settled and I could finally see the amount due online, I paid it all as I'd rather get things like that out of the way and not have to think about them again until the next year.

From the limited and confusing information shown online, I couldn't see where the supposed refund is coming from for this address, so I wondered if it's to do with the old place. This inspired me to look again at the letter… and yes, it says "re <old address>" in big bold letters right at the top

So that's an easy chunk of cash coming my way once I fill in and return the form

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      So that's an easy chunk of cash coming my way once I fill in and return the form
      ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
      Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Lunch was Heinz Five Beanz on toast.

Lovely and warm out in the back garden. I really ought to mow my little patch of lawn.

Comment

I really ought to mow my little patch of lawn
          Can you do mine when you've finished? Feeling lazy.

Another busy day, helping sister retrieve her heavy sculpture from exhibition, long walk and then helping loony lady 2 put up her pictures at local art thing. Fortunately she'd nearly finished by the time I got there.

Relax with me little puppet parrot. Aaaah!
          Last edited by xoggoth; 21 August 2023, 14:27.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Tea: oniony Cumberland sausage casserole with chips and peas. Very tasty

Going to pop round the corner to the pillar box and post the form back to the council for my refund. Which reminds me, I need to check which monarch is on there - I don't think it's Victorian, but I'm pretty sure it's pre-QE II

Comment

Edward VII, it turns out, so it's been there for over a century

Comment

Tonight's opal hunters were doing moderately though not exceptionally well, but they all seemed happy enough

And then, after my postal perambulation, I rewatched an Apple Developer video

And so to bed, to read more of Sam Pepys' machinations in 1667.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

There was a bit of rain around the time I crashed out last night and it sounded rather windy too, but it's brightening up this morning, being quite sunny now compared to just thirty minutes ago. It's predicted to be cloudy again in the afternoon though. Currently 16°C, maybe reaching 22° later, and the barometers are back down a bit at 1007/1015mB

Comment

Morning.

Tuesday.

Dry.

Grey.

Wanly sunny.

Cool in here at 21.2 deg, 22.5 deg in the kitchen, 20.5 deg in the leanto.

1015 mBar, 29.973 in Hg, 761.3 Torr, 14.72 psi, (up from 1013 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 76% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 4th of July 2019, Phil the Greek had celery soup & wondered why it was a thing, Diver praised someone known as "Zeity", whereas covbob was not enjoying WFH with two kids in whine mode, and LM's other half was getting the windows cleaned.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, a red corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y <click>. Hoax: Piltdown Man.

Freecell score: 100% (of 14), running average: 86% (85.585%).

Tea: soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower & spelt bread, toast with bramble jelly, a yog, some apricot halves, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Colonel March of Scotland Yard E19 (1954): Hot Money. Barclays Bank gets robbed & a security chap gets shot. All those lovely white Fivers. They don't make money like that any more, it's all fecking plastic. With Joan Sims. Apparently this was one of three pilot eps.

Scotland Yard (1957): the lonely house. Including Ludovic Kennedy as a news reader.

Joy of Painting. :zzzz strong in this one.

Joy of Painting. His son. News. Pakistan rescue.Stone me.

Ghosts US S2 E3 & E4.

Maigret (1993) S3 E2 "The Man on the Bench".
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 August 2023, 18:54.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy but dry. Slowly brightening up. Currently 21 degrees with a high of 25 expected with cloud cover dissipating as the day progresses. Barometer down to 1022 mBar.

Had an interesting stand up today that overran by half an hour due to the justified indignation that a customer is demanding the impossible, because they don't want to do any processing of a data file, the business reps threw out all suggested options and are demanding the impossible be delivered, and the stand-in manager for the team supports the business. There is a solution but the business reps rejected it without asking the customer because they want the impossible solution.

Comment

Working...
                      X