• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Cloudy day out, with warnings of both light showers and thunderstorms. It feels a little close at the moment, being 22°C, soon to rise to 23°. The barometers are at 1002/1009mB, which I think is down a little but probably not enough to matter

Comment

Nice gray day for a walk. Glad that damn sky shiny thing has gone.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

There has been rain but no thunderstorms. The forecast is now for a generally pleasant evening, maybe a shower or two, with rain tomorrow morning.

Eyes checked and my first ever pair of specs on order. I'm officially old. They are "occupational" ones which allow me to stare at a screen for hours and read stuff.

Comment

Home again!

The journey down was enlivened by hitting a belt of extremely heavy rain which happened to be aligned with my route such that I traveled more along it than across it, finally emerging from it near the destination

My Mum is still a bit poorly on the respiratory front, wearing one of those oxygen nose things and not able to talk very loud, which doesn't help when my hearing is a bit rubbish and my Dad is deaf as a post. But she was in good spirits

Then I had to have a look at my Dad's computer as Thunderbird was refusing to start up so he couldn't get to his emails. Upon investigation, this turned out to be a rather more perturbing problem as Explorer decided the C: drive was inaccessible, despite the fact that Windows was running and, indeed, able to reboot successfully if slowly, with various programs complaining about being unable to access their components. Pulling up the drive's property sheet showed that it had 0 used bytes, 0 free bytes, and a total capacity of 0 bytes

It so happened my brother was there this weekend too, so he's going to pull the drive and see about getting the data off it if possible, and install a new one

Comment

Had to go out this morning.

It was hot and humid.

it rained and was colder when it rained.

The rain stopped and it was hot and humid.

Spent all day hiding inside not doing very much.

Having a cold beer - well it is a large one - while it is still hot and humid.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Tea: kebab and chips

Very humid here too, so even though it's down to 21°C it feels much warmer

Rain expected soon though, so maybe that'll help

Comment

Very lucky today. Dropped a pot of coleslaw on the kitchen floor this morning and it landed right way up, no spillage. Then, later today, dropped top of paint tin on the carpet and it landed top down, no paint on carpet.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Very lucky today. Dropped a pot of coleslaw on the kitchen floor this morning and it landed right way up, no spillage. Then, later today, dropped top of paint tin on the carpet and it landed top down, no paint on carpet.
                  Buy a lottery ticket

Comment

HWMBO and I went to see Asteroid City this evening. Very entertaining.

In the trailers I was excited to see Dune Part II being advertised but it's not out until 3 November.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      All known laws of the Universe are clearly inoperative around you at the moment!

Comment

Working...
                      X