• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea was grilled pork steaks with chips and beans

The previous owner either never had or didn't leave a grill pan for the oven, which has the grill in the top of it but which shouldn't be used with the door open, according to the manual. So while at Sainsbury's I bought a cast iron and enamel griddle tray, which just fits nicely in there and works a treat for grilling things

The fine dining experience was accompanied by a new episode of Police Interceptors

Friday tomorrow!

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Cloudy start, with talk of light drizzle for the next hour or two. Currently 13°C with an expected high of only 18°, while the barometers are down a bit at 1001/1009mB

Meanwhile down on the lawn, two squirrels were scampering vigorously in different areas until one took it upon itself to chase the other. After much running round in circles, they eventually ended up disappearing round the end of our block, where there are further lawns, bushes, and trees in which they will presumably continue their scampering

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy when I got up but has brightened up considerably since then. Currently 16 degrees with a high of 19 expected. Will remain mostly cloudy but unlikely to rain. Barometer down to 1015 mbar.

Yesterday's positive news, that I forgot to report in my grumpiness, was that all my holiday laundry was done. Just in time to pack it all up for the next trip!

Thank goodness it's Friday. Off to meet a friend for dinner and see a play this evening.

Comment

Morning.

Friday.

Wet.

Sunless.

Grey.

Cool in here at 20.2 deg, 22 deg in the kitchen, 20 deg in the leanto.

1007.5 mBar, 29.751 in Hg, 755.69 Torr, 14.6 psi, (down from 1012 last night), 68% RH (GDR hair), 65% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 23rd of June 2019 it was raining, NF emerged after lunch, and SimonMac had spent £100 on vet bills for cat #7 which he'd had for all of 5 hours. .

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on some variety of Morrisons bread toasted crust, a red corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Archive Hour waffling on about boomers. TWATO. The thing about upgrading humans thereafter. Crocodile lungs. Whale lungs.

Freecell score: 75%, running average: 85%.

Entertainment: Trucking Hell S2 E5: the one with the wedding and the artic full of scrap metal.

Tea: cumberland sausage (Morrisons, reduced: I saved 14p on buying two packs of that) with bacon & onion gravy, stewed raspberries and red gooseberries with custard, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Joy of Painting. barely reached . .

Joy of Painting. Not Bob, but Bob's son, so I watched a thing about Elmore Leonard instead.

Dial 999 E7 "Honeymoon".

Am Dro: walking about Yng Nghymraeg, like: Llangranog, Whitland, Bala, Conwy. The Bala expedition was brought to an abrupt end by the walk guide falling arse over tit & doing his shoulder in, so the final walk consisted of 3 participants rather than 4.

Thing on Blaze about the death of Bruce Lee. It was the meprobamate in the aspirin tablet he took apparently, other causes being eliminated.

Most likely to have been aliens, according to the Ancient Alien Researchers of course, but that's in a different programme.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 June 2023, 23:07.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Got to car after Sainsburies shop yesterday and then had to go back as had picked up 2 Vizs. BBC text weather today said max 8'C in next couple of days. Some glitch unfortunately.

Social media users poke fun at BBC after 'glitch' with weather app and website | Daily Mail Online
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Lunch has been sausages in finger rolls, as I stocked up on the preferred variety of sausage when I popped into M&S yesterday

Still grey here

I found time to strip the bed, which is now airing, and some bedding is in the wash

Comment

Wash. Must Google what that means.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Mundane laundry on now. Big day for laundry

Comment

Oniony chicken casserole for tea. Very tasty

I haven't made this in a while, but something felt a bit off while I was making it; just an odd feeling, as if I was forgetting something. It was only as I was dishing it up that I remembered that I always make it in the Remoska nowadays, but this time I'd done it in the casserole dish and cooked it in the oven. Oh well, makes a change

Comment

Still, as it took longer to cook, I remade the bed for something to do, so that unpleasant surprise has been averted again

I even changed the pillow protectors for clean ones, which I don't do often enough as it's a faff

Comment

Working...
                      X