• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No TV tonight other than the police stuff, though I did manage to get some more work done on the SwiftUI stuff

Taking my dodgy knee for a sleep now; maybe that will sort it out

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      My right knee has become really painful, in that way where you can't be quite sure if it's about to lock up or it's going to give way. Started this teatime; I noticed it when I started heading downstairs to take a couple of bags (not heavy) over to the recycling bins, and it's getting steadily worse. I'm hoping it's one of those weather-related things you used to read about in stories written a hundred-odd years ago, set in rural communities where some elderly person could predict storms on the basis of their aches and pains
      You & me both or are you really me?

My knee started yesterday.

I'd ascribed it to insufficient exercise what with the daily constitutional being on hold due to horse flies & the like.

Meanwhile on the 22nd of June 2019 NF was gracing the Chinese with his custom. Apparently "it was very nice".
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start out, though the ground is still damp from overnight rain. It's supposed to not be as close as yesterday; currently 14°C, with 20° expected. The barometers are slightly up at 1005/1012mB

The knee is somewhat less troublesome, but still doesn't feel quite right

Comment

Morning.

Thursday.

Damply dry.

Wanly sunny.

Coolly cool at 20.7 deg in here, 22 deg in the kitchen, 19 deg in the leanto.

1014 mBar, 29.9434 in Hg, 760.56 Torr, 14.7 psi, (up from 1012 last night), 68% RH (GDR hair), 69% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 22nd of June 2019 I was watching "Sherlock Holmes (2009)" by that Guy Ritchie chap and was thoroughly unimpressed, LM was watching "Split", being the 2nd in the "Unbreakable" trilogy, whereas NF was watching "Dunkirk (2017)", with Phil the Greek providing further commentary thereon.

All the news fit to print:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/were-heart...105543769.html

Oh Dear(tm). . Tubo'Lard must be upset.

The wonderful word "Butskellism" just sprang unbidden into what now passes for my mind. I blame that book about the first Wilson government.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, a red corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y gap finders until it proved too irritating, thence the last 20 pages of that tedious book about the Wilson government. Glad that's over.

More raspberries & gooseberries picked, I think that's it for this year.

Entertainment: Trucking Hell S2 E4: Rory! during the retrieval of the low loader of hay.

Tea: chilli con carne with rice, stewed raspberries and gooseberries with custard, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Joy of Painting. very in this one.

Joy of Painting. not so much.

Trucking Hell S7 E3. Getting that tanker up the hill was fun. They had Very Long compressed air hoses and wire ropes.

UFO bollox on Blaze: too tedious to bother with.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 June 2023, 21:41.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon all

Rained this morning. Now cloudy with outbreaks of sunshine. No further rain forecast. Currently 21 degrees with a high of 23 still to come. Barometer down to 1017 mBar.

Was woken around 2 am by the noise of the rain. Then woken again around 5 am by the noise of the bottle bin being emptied at the pub up the road.

tulip day at the coal face. Quitting is sorely tempting but I'm not daft enough to do that just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

tulip day at the coal face. Quitting is sorely tempting but I'm not daft enough to do that just yet.
              I find having to give 4 weeks notice stops me thinking about the quitting bit. I just follow the advice in the footer and add some "helpful" advice to the meeting.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Lunch: Scotch broth with a bit of wholemeal

Comment

Shopping done!

This evening's outing featured both M&S and Big Sainsbury's, not to mention filling the car up. As usual nowadays, I seemed to be the only one masking in both places

New Viz is out

Actually, it was out last week, but I didn't go shopping then

Comment

New Viz is out
                    Darn it. I was just gonna say that.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Darn it. I was just gonna say that.
                      It was a team effort

Comment

Working...
                      X