• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of on the SwiftUI stuff tonight. Looks like I might have to read some actual documentation…

But I found time for a new episode of Traffic Cops

And so to bed, to read more of Sam's antics in January 1667

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey, mild start again, though it'll be slightly warmer than yesterday. Currently 18°C, 24° later, and also a chance of some showers towards evening. The barometers are down somewhat at 1004/1012mB

Comment

ll2 walk this morning. Must remember to put in my ear plugs.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

At least it wasn't pampas grass
          Or Japanese knotweed.

The pampas grass down the road eventually died out about 30 years ago, the knotweed shows no signs of this & neither does next door's fecking bamboo.

Morning.

Wednesday.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Wet.

Drizzly.

Cool in here at 21.3 deg, 23 deg in the kitchen, 20.5 deg in the leanto.

1012.5 mBar, 29.899 in Hg, 759.44 Torr, 14.685 psi, (down from 1014 last night), 68% RH (GDR hair), 72% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 22nd of June 2019 I was watching the seemingly endless "A fistful of dynamite (1971)" a.k.a. "Duck you sucker", whilst remarking on Rod Steiger in "Hennessy (1977)" and NF remarked that it seemed unavailable but it appeared on the Talking Pictures channel the other week. I didn't watch it again.

Shopping trip to the vacuum cleaner spares place & Morrisons done dusted washed dried & put away.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons toasted something, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, red pippy corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y.

Still feeling the results of yesterday's overindulgence in liver and bacon with onion gravy. Won't be repeating that for a while. I think I divided the pack into two instead of the more usual three. Lesson learned.

And the new rubber belt for the vac isn't long enough. It's far too tight.

Trip down to town to change said belt: new one fitted & works. Pity it started smoking later.

Entertainment other than the smoking vac: Trucking Hell S2 E3: no Rory, but an appearance by Merrie.

Tea: soup* & rice thing with a slice of bread thrown in for good measure, some stewed raspberries & gooseberries (which I forgot to sugar so very tart) with custard, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

*hope that was the last can of that since I don't like it.

Entertainment:PM.

Part of Wheeler Dealers S14 E4(?) the one about the 1975 Saab that had its clutch changed on the seller's drive. Watched entirely in subtitles. Nice bit of fabrication & welding by The New Guy who isn't Edd. Everyone has an English Wheel and stretchers/compressers for metalwork. . The windscreen thing was neat.

Joy of Painting Repeat of yesterday's ep of which I saw exactly the same amount: about 10 minutes. was strong in this one.

Joy of Painting A guest artist: Ben Stahl: no at all in this one. Robbed, I tell you, robbed! I don't "watch" this to learn how to paint FFS.

The Repair Shoppe: NHS special. Thomas the Tank Engine trolley thing.

Got bored with that: NZ: sheep farmer doing the rounds in a helicopter, along with the dogs. Feck me. 10,000 sheep.

Bad Skin Clinic S5 S3 E7: probly a repeat. Definitely a repeat. . "Film Noir" on Sky Arts instead.

Dr Pimple Popper S5 S4 E1: probly a repeat. We shall see.

Skin A&E (may have watched this previously).

Fortress Britain with that Alice Roberts (red hair) all about the post war nuclear agenda. The Cambridge spies featured, along with Blue Danube, the Windscale fire, and other joys, drink this milk it's good for you, especially when laced with Iodine 131 etc.

Apparently the fire released some Polonium 210 as well.

Thanks to the Cockcroft Filters at the top of the stacks it wasn't a complete & utter disaster.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 June 2023, 17:17.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon all

Cloudy but bright. Humid and sticky. Currently 22 degrees with a high of 23 expected. Rain forecast overnight. Barometer down to 1019 mBar.

Horrible day today but did have a good conversation with a small consultancy who found me via my network as they hired someone I used to work with. I have two potential lines of work at the same end client and it remains to be seen which one comes up with the goods first. The consultancy is looking at September time, which is fine. The other line is very much TBC and could be more ad hoc.

Comment

Getting rather cloudy and close here now; wonder if we'll get a thunderstorm?

Lunch was a pork and apple sauce bap (wholemeal) with a bag of plain crisps

Comment

Rubbish day all over. Might just go to bed now and be done with it.

I took all the laundry into the kitchen and sorted it into piles. There it stayed as I didn't have time to actually put a wash on, let alone hang it out.

Comment

Tea has been lamb scouse with seedy bloomer

Accompanied by the last new episode of Traffic Cops. Next it'll be the new series of Police Interceptors, which is completely different

And a towel wash is drawing to its conclusion

Still very close, but no rain

Comment

It's been threatening rain all day but I refuse to water the plants.

I'm buying blinds to cover the frosted windows for the up and coming heat wave so I can use those rooms when the sun is on them.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

My right knee has become really painful, in that way where you can't be quite sure if it's about to lock up or it's going to give way. Started this teatime; I noticed it when I started heading downstairs to take a couple of bags (not heavy) over to the recycling bins, and it's getting steadily worse. I'm hoping it's one of those weather-related things you used to read about in stories written a hundred-odd years ago, set in rural communities where some elderly person could predict storms on the basis of their aches and pains

Comment

Working...
                      X